Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2015, 08:20 AM   #1

Devils Lake, WI

Yesterday we arrived at Devils Lake SP and although it's a beautiful area, we found it is somewhat a challenge even for a 23 ft. TT to get into a site...we finally had to switch sites. When they say it's a level site, what they mean is its maybe a 5 inch variation!. Ok, I can handle that, but the close trees and narrow access was trying to say the least! Granted I am not the best at backing a TT...but come on now ! I think this campground is ideal for tents and pop-ups. Also we did not have reservations. 😢

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Robbsails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 08:48 AM   #2

Many of the state parks in Wisconsin have the same issue. Some sites are difficult to get into while others are simple. Just to your north is Mirror Lake State Park. It has lots of great sites for trailers while others are more for a tent. Rocky Arbor State Park is almost exclusively for tents or small trailers.

If you are looking for a great place for a meal while in this area of Wisconsin, I would recommend Ishnala Supper Club. Mirror Lake State park is a short drive from where you are staying. This restaurant is located within Mirror Lake State park and overlooks the lake. Great food and really nice people.
Seasonal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 09:59 AM   #3

Devils Lake is a really nice area, your going to enjoy it...too bad for all the rain, but its warm. The lake itself is a natural beauty, have fun walking, be careful as those rocks are slippery when wet.
Old 07-01-2015, 09:05 PM   #4
one day at a time

Great news! I just booked two nights for our 26tbud and look forward to the struggle.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Idle_Idylist is offline   Reply With Quote