Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2014, 08:24 AM   #1

Gulf State Park, AL w/pics

We took a drive through Gulf State Park and took a few pics. It’s been three years since we’ve been in this area and the newest edition to the park is a 7 tower zipline ($79 per person $69 for seniors). Looked like a lot of fun.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0451 - Copy.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	47680

For those who don’t know, the Gulf State park was devastated by Hurricane Ivan (category 3) in 2004. The campground was rebuilt and has something on the order of 450 full hookups sites and all are paved sites. Most of the sites are back-in but there are quite a few pull-thrus and some sites back up to a beautiful lake. I did not see fire rings at any of the sites but there were a few community firerings in the campground.

One of the community fire rings.

Name:	DSCF0430 - Copy.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	47681

Some photos of the campsites.

Name:	DSCF0424 - Copy.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	47682

Name:	DSCF0447 - Copy.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	47683

Name:	DSCF0446 - Copy.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	47684

With the amenities this park offers such as an 18 hole golf course, ocean pier, zipline, tennis courts, wifi, and a swimming pool this park is more like a resort. There are also bike and hiking trails. At the Nature Center we found a handout with a list of the park’s geocaching with the names and coordinates for those who enjoy hunting those items.

On a scale of 1 to 10 I’d have to give this park a 9.75. I had to deduct something for the lack of individual campsite firerings.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:33 AM   #2

Looks like a nice place for a camp out. We may have to go this fall. Nice pictures

The Home of the FREE because of the BRAVE
LittlePM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:57 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
We took a drive through Gulf State Park and took a few pics. It’s been three years since we’ve been in this area and the newest edition to the park is a 7 tower zipline ($79 per person $69 for seniors). Looked like a lot of fun.

Attachment 47680

For those who don’t know, the Gulf State park was devastated by Hurricane Ivan (category 3) in 2004. The campground was rebuilt and has something on the order of 450 full hookups sites and all are paved sites. Most of the sites are back-in but there are quite a few pull-thrus and some sites back up to a beautiful lake. I did not see fire rings at any of the sites but there were a few community firerings in the campground.

One of the community fire rings.

Attachment 47681

Some photos of the campsites.

Attachment 47682

Attachment 47683

Attachment 47684

With the amenities this park offers such as an 18 hole golf course, ocean pier, zipline, tennis courts, wifi, and a swimming pool this park is more like a resort. There are also bike and hiking trails. At the Nature Center we found a handout with a list of the park’s geocaching with the names and coordinates for those who enjoy hunting those items.

On a scale of 1 to 10 I’d have to give this park a 9.75. I had to deduct something for the lack of individual campsite firerings.
Wow sounds nice, going to have to save this so I can remember it for next years retirement trip.
mark0224 is offline   Reply With Quote