Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2019, 07:13 PM   #21
I Break Everything

This is our "goto" RV park/resort in Port A. We go a couple of times a year. Usually around 4th of July and some other random dates. I love everything about it except the company they force you use if renting a golf cart.

But I love that place. Sitting out at night is pretty awesome.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Gulf Waters 2 16.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	363.8 KB
ID:	195183

2015 Georgetown Forest River 351DS Class A
2008 Keystone Cougar 293SAB 5th Wheel
2007 Jay Flight 30.5RLS 5th Wheel
2006 Jay Flight 29BHS TT
mikel68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 07:28 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel68 View Post
This is our "goto" RV park/resort in Port A. We go a couple of times a year. Usually around 4th of July and some other random dates. I love everything about it except the company they force you use if renting a golf cart.

But I love that place. Sitting out at night is pretty awesome.
Attachment 195183
They also have some motorhome sites with head in parking.
Old 01-22-2019, 08:35 PM   #23

I read nothing but bad reviews about the buggy rental company plus the price is pretty steep. We decided to skip a buggy this trip.

Gsykora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 08:42 PM   #24

Gulf Waters RV Resort

[QUOTE=Gsykora;2010207]We walked around today looking at the sites that are for sale. They range from $150K for simple to $210M for "deluxe". We already booked for some more weeks this April and all of March next
6 years weekend camping Class C
2017 camping 20 days and counting
Brand2328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 09:35 PM   #25
Lorenc

Gsykora you must have been in the lumber business!
lorenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 09:53 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenc View Post
Gsykora you must have been in the lumber business!
Not lumber, but chips (potato chips).

Old 01-24-2019, 05:26 PM   #27
Senior Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsykora View Post
Not lumber, but chips (potato chips).
How is the area for other things to do. Like restaurants and stores?

2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Butch & Lena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 06:04 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch & Lena View Post
How is the area for other things to do. Like restaurants and stores?
The area was hit pretty hard by Harvey two summers ago, but they are pretty much back in business.
Port A is a typical beach town with all the amenities, but a younger crowd. Go a bit further north and you'll find Rockport, one of my favorite towns that also got a direct hit from the storm. They to are mostly up and running. It has a strong art and small theater vibe with plenty of festivals and other activities.
Head south about 20 minutes or so then cross the causeway and you'll be in Corpus Christi, a fairly large city with everything you'll need and lots of attractions.
Gulf Waters has long been the go-to resort in the area. Reservations might be backed up due to Mustang Island State Park being still closed for repairs and the Padre Island National Seashore locked out due to the government shutdown . Very much worth the wait however.
DavidBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 10:47 AM   #29

I read nothing but bad reviews about the buggy rental company plus the price is pretty steep. We decided to skip a buggy this trip

Stayed at same spot as OP several years ago. Really nice spot. Been staying at GW for about 10 years. Nice staff and park.
We usually rent GC's from this company and last year had some cart issues and my wife called and spoke to the owner and he was sooooooo rude to her. The staff said even his employees complain about him. Well I called and he wasn't pleasant to me either, so we drove the cart to him, took 15 minutes, and he was different person when I spoke to him face to face. Jeckel and Hyde personality. Get us different cart, and for all our troubles, the next time we went down, got free days rental.
ard58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 07:35 PM   #30

Is that the one that is owned and rented for the owners? Sykora? Last name, good Czech name? JakSeMas!
dannko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 07:49 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannko View Post
Is that the one that is owned and rented for the owners? Sykora? Last name, good Czech name? JakSeMas!
Yes, all the spots here are privately owned and then rented out. Yes, Sykora is Czech. Not many folks get that one.

Old 01-28-2019, 08:53 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasbozo View Post
This place is great. You pay a little more, but well worth it. My wife and I are just 3 years in to this ( we love it ) and wish many other rv parks would take a lesson from this park.
Hey take a look at Silver Palms RV Resort Okeechobee maybe not on the beach but warmer than Corpus and weather insulated.
Rivasiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 11:10 AM   #33

Beautiful part they told us to not go out at night time they were a lot of snakes that come up for the heat of the concrete
texaswildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 11:38 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswildman View Post
Beautiful part they told us to not go out at night time they were a lot of snakes that come up for the heat of the concrete
Been here two years now seen only two snakes. One on our Bush trying to eat a big frog and one under our rig under a broom. That's all.
Rivasiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 12:04 PM   #35

I guess it's just me........but this kind of cost makes me wonder what RV-ing is all about.
Old 01-29-2019, 12:30 PM   #36

It may be great, but they're awfully picky. No RV over 10 yrs old without management approval? Our 37' Cedar Creek RDQS is 14 yrs old this month and looks great, but I suppose it wouldn't be good enough for management.
desuhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 12:42 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Oz View Post
I guess it's just me........but this kind of cost makes me wonder what RV-ing is all about.
For us it's two things. Camping in cool areas in a bit more luxury than 27 years of tent camping and back packing has afforded us AND using our awesome RV as a base for touring cool areas like Acadia, Luray, Myrtle Beach and other areas. In the not too distant future we will be camping and touring out west for weeks and months at a time.n I should add that for touring we prefer RV "resorts" with amenities which we are willing to pay for.

But that's us.

Marty
Old 01-30-2019, 05:27 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by desuhu View Post
It may be great, but they're awfully picky. No RV over 10 yrs old without management approval? Our 37' Cedar Creek RDQS is 14 yrs old this month and looks great, but I suppose it wouldn't be good enough for management.
I agree, so many units are maintained quite well and look great, but how about we have a luxury class C and some parks only let in class A's 10 or newer. Not knocking but some class A's are pretty dumpy compared to my C. It's understandable, but you can get an a-hole or thief in a less than ten year old rv.
Old 01-30-2019, 06:01 PM   #39

There are several class C's here this week, so I guess it's just best to xall and talk with management. We drove down the road today and looked at the other rv parks on the island. I have to say, they certainly look dumpy compared to Gulf Waters. And surprisingly, they were only $2 to $5 per night cheaper. I'll stick with Gulf Waters.

Old 01-30-2019, 08:01 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsykora View Post
There are several class C's here this week, so I guess it's just best to xall and talk with management. We drove down the road today and looked at the other rv parks on the island. I have to say, they certainly look dumpy compared to Gulf Waters. And surprisingly, they were only $2 to $5 per night cheaper. I'll stick with Gulf Waters.
Yes I didn't mean there, I meant other parks we have looked into around the state. It's kind of nuts to profile rv's, but hey it's a free country so whatever floats their boat. Really though they should say Prevost only.

Tags
water