Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2013, 08:30 AM   #1

High Water

High water caused the cancellation of our reservations at a COE park at Carlyle Lake for next week. The full hookup site we had is under water. Fortunately we were able to rebook an electric only site in the same loop. Now I would like it to stop raining so the water level doesn’t get so high it closes the entire loop. Come on Mother Nature, cut me some slack.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:53 AM   #2

Sorry to hear about the high water. At least the entire campground isn't closed and you got another site. Mother nature sure isn't happy this spring.
Wiscampsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:58 AM   #3
phat phrog stunt crew

a friend goes to hazletat carlyle bob. he hasnt reported any problems there. for the past week we have been hauling sand up to hardin illinois. the illinois river is really backed up, and you cant get to pierre marquette lodge or park unless you come in from the back way. i believe the campground there is under water. i know the road in front of it is.
dwaynerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:20 AM   #4

I guess this time of year we are all concerned about high water. Our flood officials are expecting some water coming towards us from North Dakota but this mornings news has downgraded the flood forecast, good news. I guess the cool spring temps have helped that. A silver lining in every dark cloud! Stay safe , happy camping!
Old 04-27-2013, 10:36 AM   #5

Oakman- River levels are high...lakeside 370 closed until they go down. Our Storage lot was evacuated just East of the park next to the scoccer fields. River levels are droping so is returned it back to the lot thursday night.
Nights Camped 2016: 32
ryand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:05 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaynerz View Post
a friend goes to hazletat carlyle bob. he hasnt reported any problems there. for the past week we have been hauling sand up to hardin illinois. the illinois river is really backed up, and you cant get to pierre marquette lodge or park unless you come in from the back way. i believe the campground there is under water. i know the road in front of it is.
I believe Hazlet sits on higher ground. Coles Creek and Dam West have some sites that go under every so often.

Here's a picture I took last year of one of the sites that are currently unavailable due to the high water. The lake was just a bit below normal pool when this photo was taken.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_3780.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	29059  

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
ATU Local 788
Old 04-27-2013, 11:07 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryand View Post
Oakman- River levels are high...lakeside 370 closed until they go down. Our Storage lot was evacuated just East of the park next to the scoccer fields. River levels are droping so is returned it back to the lot thursday night.
I was wondering if Lakeside 370 was affected. I think the park had to delay its opening because of floors waters a few years back.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
ATU Local 788