Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2021, 02:58 PM   #1

Exclamation I-71 south of Columbus Ohio.

For years I-77south of Columbus has been under construction, and the holes were so bad you could loose an axle. We are soon heading south, and were wondering if anyone has traveled south on I-77 south of Columbus Ohio? We have been going around on I-70 to I-75 (Dayton) to Cinn. Any info on the road conditions will be appreciated.
castaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 04:45 PM   #2

If you mean I-71 coming out of Columbus it is not too bad now. Just rolled through there a week ago on the way to TN and is in pretty good shape.

Depending on where you are headed I’d recommend I-275 to bypass Cincinnati. Friends came through there and were stuck in traffic due to construction around the bridge.
Old 09-20-2021, 08:40 PM   #3

I-71 south of Columbus Ohio.

I 71 has some pretty rough joints from south of Grove City to Mt Sterling. I go I 70 to I 675 around Dayton then I 75 south and around Cincinnati on the outer loop.

Now there is construction crews working all the time there now on 171 so it may be a little better like Gumpster indicated.

There is a closure last time I looked on the 1 71 175 connector downtown in Cincinnati which puts you on I 475.
MikeRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 10:34 PM   #4
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway
For years I-77south of Columbus has been under construction, and the holes were so bad you could loose an axle. We are soon heading south, and were wondering if anyone has traveled south on I-77 south of Columbus Ohio? We have been going around on I-70 to I-75 (Dayton) to Cinn. Any info on the road conditions will be appreciated.

Just did I-71 (not I-77) two weeks ago. As compared to a year ago it's far better but mainly in the repaved left lane. We left Medina and took it all the way to I-275, the Cincinnati bypass, both ways.

One nice gentleman gave us a salute as he passed on the right and then got in front of us so I gestured repeatedly at the dash cam while blowing him kisses. I wanted to let him know if he did anything road ragey it was on video. Of course, my kisses were not.

Ray

Tags
columbus, ohio