Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2016, 09:43 AM   #21

Wmtire, I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to our town. The biggest secret is our people. I hope you were treated well and will have the opportunity to come back and visit again one day. Sorry about the rain but at least you didnt have to experience our normal 100 degree days. That was a treat in itself.
Marcusfan
Old 07-07-2016, 10:04 AM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusfan View Post
Wmtire, I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to our town. The biggest secret is our people. I hope you were treated well and will have the opportunity to come back and visit again one day. Sorry about the rain but at least you didnt have to experience our normal 100 degree days. That was a treat in itself.
Marcusfan
Thanks Marcusfan, the rain wasn't really a problem. It did keep the temps cool, and Sunday night it was downright great, almost too cool for shorts. It was basically just overcast our time there during the days/evenings which made our outdoor activities better.

Everyone we met was very nice, including the streetcar operator, who came out and high fived everyone and played on the PA system as she drove the route. The staff at the Westin Hotel were equally great. I had requested a late check out in booking, which was no problem, but didn't expect to arrive as early as we did. They had no problem in allowing us an early check in 11 AM. While I was waiting for the shuttle to take us to the airport, one of the Westin valets saw my LSU hat and came over to strike up a conversation, as he was from New Orleans actually and attends college there.

We had a good time, and I would definitely recommend to anyone reading this that KC is a good place to visit.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 10:11 AM   #23

I know you've already completed your trip, but was surprised no one mentioned Authur Bryants BBQ.
https://www.arthurbryantsbbq.com/

We also like to visit the farmers market when we're in town.
Historic City Market :: City Market Kansas City
KansasFR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 02:17 PM   #24
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Glade you enjoyed your trip to KC it really is a beautiful clean town. I really miss not living out there as really nice folks and friendly. Glad my brother still lives there so that I can visit and keep up with the changes. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote