Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-22-2019, 09:30 PM   #1
Herschel

Looking for campground in western MI on a sailing lake

My wife and I travel with our travel trailer, and we take an inflatable sailboat rig in our truck bed. An ideal campsite would be on the shore of a lake where I could inflate my sailboat and pull it up on the beach at the campsite. We'd like to be within a 3-4 hour ride from Grand Rapids and would like to be able to stay there for a month or two in the summer with full hookups. Anyone know of such a place?
Puma26RLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 10:35 PM   #2

Cedarville RV Park in the UP. It has what you are looking for on the shores of Lake Huron. Very protected.
whj469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 08:08 AM   #3
st4
from south Louisiana

sailboat inquiry

Puma, we enjoy sailing also. What type of inflatable sailboat do you have? I didn't know that they made such a thing. We have a 22' tt that came with a strong receiver hitch that is welded to the frame. I was going to try to pull my my beach cat behind my tt. Hoping that I cud take along my boat sometimes.
Old 10-31-2019, 12:30 PM   #4
Herschel

Quote:
Originally Posted by st4 View Post
Puma, we enjoy sailing also. What type of inflatable sailboat do you have? I didn't know that they made such a thing. We have a 22' tt that came with a strong receiver hitch that is welded to the frame. I was going to try to pull my my beach cat behind my tt. Hoping that I cud take along my boat sometimes.
We have an 8-ft Achilles LT-4 standard dinghy with a Sailboats-to-go sail and sideboards kit.
https://www.defender.com/product.jsp...288&id=6296038

https://www.sailboatstogo.com/catalog/DINGHY_RIG

We have taken an inflatable with us on most of our RV trips, sailing it in CA, WY, MI, KY, AL, TN, , CO, and our home state of FL. Not as fast as a cat, but who is in a hurry on an RV trip!
We did go through 2 "cheapy" inflatable dinghies before we decided to go with a Hypalon "real deal" dinghy. The owner of Sailboats-to-go recommended a dinghy without the transom of the standard dinghy. that is why we decided on the LT-4 with its rounded stern.
Puma26RLSS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campground, mpg