Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-07-2020, 08:35 AM   #1

Looking for resort like campground...

My wife's 40th birthday is coming up in June and we have 6 days off to make it a birthday/family vacation week.

So we are trying to find a campground that is more like a resort with endless activities. We typically do the state campground for more of a nature type trip, but we want this trip to be more activity based. We were thinking something along the lines of like Jellystone in Warren WI, but something maybe more grown-up-ish since my son is 13. Ideally full hook ups since we will be parked for a few days and would like the amenities of home. Not sure if anything exist like this in our areas (listed below) but thought i'd ask.

We would like to stay within 6-8hrs of northeast Wisconsin, so that pretty much means WI, MI (upper & lower), IL, IN, MN and maybe parts of OH.

SOLD-2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 w/ Max Trailering Package
willie1280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 08:45 AM   #2

Indigo Bluffs near Sleeping Bear Dunes, Northern Lower Penninsula MI.

https://www.indigobluffs.com/

Not pricey

Check out my Blog "A Grande Tour" about our travels and other writings! agrandetour.com
dougschne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 10:49 AM   #3

X2 on Indigo Bluffs, I would also check out Sunny Brook RV park in South Haven Mi,than there is Duck Creek RV resort in Muskegon MI, or Poncho's Pond RV park in Ludington MI. Another park would be Silver Lake RV Resort in Mears MI. We have been to all of these, as I do not use state parks or forest for our travel needs.

These are all great RV resorts with plenty of actives in the area. Anything from sand dunes riding to hiking in the surrounding state forest. There is also a lot of shopping for your wife so, bring deep pockets.

Tags
campground, mpg