Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2009, 09:31 AM   #1

Outdoor Adventures in Michigan ??

Has anyone stayed at or know much about the Outdoor Adventures camping resorts located in Michigan? I believe there are 4 or 5 different locations here. We received a free 21-day camping gift certificate when we purchased our new camper. Outdoor Adventures wants us to now come visit there Davison, MI location in person for a 1 hour tour in order to activate the gift certificate. I looked over there website, but it does not provide much information on cost, membership fees, etc. Just curious what this place is like and whether it would be worth the 1 hour drive to activate the certificate.

I get the feeling that this is one of those sales pitches where they offer you free stuff to get you to come and listen to a 1 hour presentation and then they don't want you to leave until you sign papers on a new condo you never intended on purchasing.

Any information would be much appreciated.

'07 Rockwood 8281SS 5th Wheel
'07 Silverado 2500HD LMM Duramax Diesel / Allison 1000 CC 2LT S/B
Reese 15K 5th Wheel Hitch w/ Kwik-Slide
E.S.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:36 AM   #2

We've camped there with friends who are members. we've stayed at the one in Standish and the one in Davidson. both are very nice with big lots and lots of things to do. We got the 21 day free trial also when we bought our trailer. We happened to be up there with our friends and decided to sit through the sales pitch. Since we were already staying there and knew pretty much everything about it, it didn't last long. They did push really hard for us to join. When our friends joined it was considerably cheaper and included camping in NY along with cheap deals at a lot of other campgrounds. The new memberships were only good for Michigan and they were quite pricy. I think in the $15K area. I was laid off at the time and while I said that up front, they did everything they could to "tailor" a package I could afford. We declined the membership, but still camp there with our friends. It is a really nice place. One thing, with the free 21 day stay, you are not really a member, so you most likely won't get a site during holidays or busy weekends.
gregm59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:41 AM   #3

If the $15K price tag is accurate, that better come with a camper, food and a maid service too...holy crap!

Is that a lifetime membership fee? Also, disregarding the 21-day certificate, can anyone camp there without a membership? Maybe so and you would just have to deal with membership campers getting first priority.

'07 Rockwood 8281SS 5th Wheel
'07 Silverado 2500HD LMM Duramax Diesel / Allison 1000 CC 2LT S/B
Reese 15K 5th Wheel Hitch w/ Kwik-Slide
E.S.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:47 PM   #4

We also joined outdoor adventures. We haven't stayed yet as it is the end of the season for out TT, but the wife and I are going to reserve a cabin within the next couple if weeks.

No, it's not $15,000. It was around $8,000.00 which included a Coast to Coast membership and included a "good Sam" membership for the first year

We have several friends that belong and all of them say its very nice with no problems.

There are a lot of "sour grapes" people who didn't win the car or truck they used as a way to give people a tour and sales pitch. Some posted bad reviews, but I can tell you first hand that people (members) were friendly when we were there and it is as clean and inviting as Disney Land.

There building another location in Mt. Pleasant Michigan and we will be looking forward to using that facility as well.

I will post a non biased review as we go to let all of my fellow "Forrest River" camper owners the true story.
Netcomdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:00 PM   #5

Also, you can't camp at outdoor adventure unless you take your 21 night free certificate there and sit through the sales pitch to have it validated.

It is a members only campground. That's why you can't find the per night rate anywhere "on line" It's FREE if you are a member.

We have a lifetime membership that can be transferred up to 3 generations. My kids are also full members.

Yes..... There is a annual maintenance fee of about $400.00 but it caps out when you or a spouse hit 65 years old.

We liked the idea we could rent their cabins at a very low price in the winter months we are not able to use our camper.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:57 PM   #6

Outdoor Adventures info

We also had the 21 day deal several years ago and visited the Davison (Flint) location, which was undergoing final development. Not very impressed but probably more impressive now if completed. Later used the West Branch location. Small but with a natural lake home to a zillion small pan fish - great for small kids fishing experience! Very friendly staff, clean convenient campground. Will be going back this summer with new 21 day free deal
bobby75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:21 PM   #7

Happy to report my first 3 day stay in a medium size cabin at outdoor adventures was all we expected and more.

This was our first visit since becoming members.

We were a little worried that because of our late arrival on thanksgiving night (around 9 pm) that things wouldn't go smoothly with the store where you check in being closed. To our amazement the gate guard had our packet of check in materials and was very friendly welcoming us.

It was fast and very courteous.

The cabin we stayed in was clean and everything the promised was there. Appliances were clean and all plates, silverware and kitchen cooking utensils were there. The staff members including the gal at the general store were great.

I talked to them at length (being new) to see how they liked working there and they all love it!

Happy employees make happy guests!

Checking in and out with the gate security people will take a little getting use to but it does give you a very good since of security as they know who us there and who is not.

We are staying again over New Year's Eve and have tickets to the dinner. Can't wait to see who we meet and what new "Outdoor Adventure" we will have.