Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2019, 07:50 PM   #1

Route suggestions Knoxville,Tn to Custer,SD

We are heading to Custer State Park mid June pulling a 25 ft TT.Looking for route suggestions and info on any road closures from the Midwest flooding this spring.TIA
chris123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 12:41 PM   #2

Right now they have one lane traffic north and south on I-29 from Missouri state line to Iowa hwy 34 20 miles south of Council Bluffs and Omaha. But I-29 North of Council Bluffs is still closed and unknown when it will open again. Could take I-80 West to North Platte or Scotts Bluff NE. and go north from there. I live in Council Bluffs and am trying to figure out a route up to the Black Hills in July, but still wondering about road closures by then. Good Luck.
Old 05-21-2019, 08:34 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris123 View Post
We are heading to Custer State Park mid June pulling a 25 ft TT.Looking for route suggestions and info on any road closures from the Midwest flooding this spring.TIA
To avoid the flooding, try I-40 to Amarillo then north on US 87, 287 & 385 to Limon CO (there's a nice KOA there), then north on CO 71 to Brush, then up I76 to Sterling and north to Sidney NE via US 138, CO 113, & CO 19. Then follow US 385 to Custer SD. Custer State Park is just to the east.
Good roads all the way.

OR..... Go to OKC, then north on I-35 to Wichita KS to I-135, to US 81 to I-80 then west to Sidney NE and north on US 385 to Custer SD. Custer State Park is just to the east.
elchilero53 is offline   Reply With Quote