Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-18-2021, 08:26 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobA View Post
Hello Everyone!!

My wife and I are considering a spring camping trip to the Ozark Mountains general vicinity for some basic hiking and exploring. We don't necessarily need, but would prefer, electric and restroom/shower facilities.......but am open to all suggestions.

THANK YOU!!

Bob & Kris, Grand Rapids Michigan

First........AVOID BRANSON.

It is a tee-totaling Vegas and as glitzy and empty of substance as they come.

But.....it depends on what you want....shopping, antiquing....fishing.....hiking....

But for music, be sure to get to Mt. View AR. for the best there is in live country music. Jamming groups crowd the courthouse square and surrounding parks, streets, porches any time is't not too cold to pick. And it is ALL ACOUSTIC...no electric screams, mikes, or speakers. Bring lawnchairs. ALL FREE The town is loaded with campgrounds, all WSE, and no more than $30/night. https://www.google.com/search?q=Mt.+...w=1366&bih=598

A very historic CG is:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti..._Missouri.html

LOTS of other places. Stay off the big roads, eat youself into oblivion, and ENJOY

(but leave all pretensions behind)
Old 01-18-2021, 09:11 PM   #22

Reading this thread, glad to finally hear Mt. View mentioned. It is a wonderful place. The Ozark Folk Center is located there and as stated earlier, outstanding music available on weekends. Many of the campers turned out to be musicians, so often we’d find jams going on in the park. Neat. My wife was inspired to buy a dulcimer when we first visited eight years ago. We returned this year for two weeks an enjoyed traveling the surrounding areas meeting the folks and soaking up the history. Lots of campgrounds and one especially nice one backs right up to the Folk Center. Interesting day trips. Just ask your host and neighboring campers. Have fun traveling this great country!
billywilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 09:32 PM   #23

The Walton family gift to the US, Crystal Bridges Museum, is definitely a destination. Worth the effort to get there. In Missouri, Highway 36, from St. Jo to Hannibal (Highway of Heroes) is a great way to make your way home. The chamber of commerce had a brochure on it. Hannibal produced a surprising number of notable citizens in addition to Samuel Clemmons. Take as much time as you can. Life is short.
Old 01-18-2021, 09:32 PM   #24

I'm planning a cross country trip for this spring, and based on many reviews and pictures, I'm including Mt. Magazine State Park as one of my destinations.
Virginian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 10:15 PM   #25

A great private campground.

Look up "Blue Sky" private campground north of Mountain View. Clean campground with a great central location. Short drive to the Ozark Folk Center, Blanchard Springs, and Mountain Home! Mountain View is a small town with lots of character! Lawn Chair music on the town square! Also great food! Try green fried tomatoes or Deep fried pickles!
rdolan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 10:34 PM   #26

I recommend Petit Jean State Park campground in NW Arkansas. Beautiful area! Campground has W & E, with a dump station.
2009 Honda Odyssey
Multiple tents and an early 90's pop-up.
Bourbonfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 11:11 PM   #27

Arkansas state parks are wonderful.
Idcruiserman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 11:56 PM   #28
ArubaBob

Smile Ozark Visit

Hello Bob & Kris, I would recommend that you consider Big Creek RV Park near Annapolis, Mo for your Ozark visit. It is an award winning campground with nice showers & restrooms, washer & dryer facilities. It is close to many great attractions. These would include Johnson Shut-Ins, Elephant Rocks Park, Clearwater Lake, taking a float trip on the Black River, hiking on many close by trails including the Ozark Trail. Taum Sauk Park (the highest point in Missouri) that has a nice trail to Mina Saulk Falls and farther (you might Google these places).

This campground is only about 1 1/2 hours drive from the Echo Bluff Park that was mentioned earlier and I also recommend.

If you are into hiking I do not know if you have visited "Alltrails.com". You can get a lot of information and recommendations there for Missouri, Arkansas, and nationwide hiking.

Good Luck,

Bob
ArubaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 11:28 AM   #29

In northern Arkansas near Gassvile Ak is Denton Ferr RV park along the white river. Very nice park and dog friendly too
E John Fedor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 11:29 AM   #30

Denton Ferry
E John Fedor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 01:11 PM   #31

I hope I'm not duplicating my post...had it ready to post and pushed the wrong button I guess and lost it.

You have received a lot of great suggestions. I can't disagree with any of them, but no one has mentioned Eureka Springs, Arkansas. Check it out and Wanderlust RV park. We love the little city and Wanderlust is very nice with great views. We were there in October and made a day trip to Ponca, AR to see the elk that have been reintroduced to the area. Will attempt to attach a pic.

I see you are from Michigan. We look forward to a return trip to your western lake shore.

Be careful out there. Jerry
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0148.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	307.9 KB
ID:	246288

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0145.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	251.6 KB
ID:	246289
Old 01-19-2021, 04:24 PM   #32

2X Eureka Springs. Also a fine Army Corps of Engineer Park a little ways out of town. That puts you about an hours drive from Crystal Bridges in Bentonville.
Old 01-22-2021, 04:00 AM   #33

Paris, Ar has small Walmart. Booneville on hwy 10 has super WM. 25 mile drive. Don't miss taking in a meal at the lodge. Very senic park. Enjoy your stay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginian View Post
I'm planning a cross country trip for this spring, and based on many reviews and pictures, I'm including Mt. Magazine State Park as one of my destinations.
hshaynes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campground, mpg