RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 01-10-2021, 01:52 PM   #1
Traveling along

Smile San Antonio Campgrounds

Wanting to snowbird next winter to San Antonio. Any campgrounds that have activities scheduled??. Looking at Summit RV resort and Stone Creek but would like info on any others. Must have spaces wider than 25'. Don't want to be shoehorned with other trailers. Could be there from Nov to March.
2019 Silverado 2500
2019 Primetime Crusader 29rsle
Bill and Margo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 09:01 PM   #2
Now a "Top Member"

Stone Creek is a good one. I think also Admiralty RV near Sea World might be a good choice. I'm not sure about "activities", another nice campground just outside the city (if you want a little more peace and quiet), is Braunig Lake RV Resort. Really nice place and as I said, it is out of the city so it's much quieter, but not too far to get in and see the sights.

Good luck!

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 10:21 PM   #3

Summit is a nice campground. We were there last spring break. Some of the facilities were a bit dated. But it was a nice place. It is in a cool area close to the river. One downside you may consider is that there is little to no cell service there. We enjoyed it, but we were only there a few days. No over the air tv channels either. Both of those are due to being in the bottom of a canyon.
Old 01-11-2021, 06:40 PM   #4
Traveling along

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdJunior View Post
Stone Creek is a good one. I think also Admiralty RV near Sea World might be a good choice. I'm not sure about "activities", another nice campground just outside the city (if you want a little more peace and quiet), is Braunig Lake RV Resort. Really nice place and as I said, it is out of the city so it's much quieter, but not too far to get in and see the sights.

Good luck!
Thanks for the reply. Stone Creek is at the top of the list. The others are too narrow for us. Look like good campgrounds for a short stop tho.
2019 Silverado 2500
Old 01-11-2021, 06:42 PM   #5
Traveling along

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex_Raider View Post
Summit is a nice campground. We were there last spring break. Some of the facilities were a bit dated. But it was a nice place. It is in a cool area close to the river. One downside you may consider is that there is little to no cell service there. We enjoyed it, but we were only there a few days. No over the air tv channels either. Both of those are due to being in the bottom of a canyon.
Summit was one we were looking at a lot. Thanks for the information as that was needed to know. Don't think it would work for us.
2019 Silverado 2500
Old 01-11-2021, 08:58 PM   #6
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill and Margo View Post
Wanting to snowbird next winter to San Antonio. Any campgrounds that have activities scheduled??. Looking at Summit RV resort and Stone Creek but would like info on any others. Must have spaces wider than 25'. Don't want to be shoehorned with other trailers. Could be there from Nov to March.

We stay at Travels World RV Resort, great place to stay. Itís on the bus route and you can explore San Antonio without driving.
Check it out
Old 01-12-2021, 11:52 AM   #7

You may want to look at Quality RV resorts. They have two locations in San Antonio
cudntherd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 02:09 PM   #8

San Antonio Campgrounds

Take a look at Hill Country Cottage and Rv Resort in New Braunfels. We stayed there about 6 months. Great heated pool and huge hot tub. New Braunfels is a great town with lots of restaurants and music. Close to San Antonio. Itís not much farther than Stone creek and much nicer.
jeffv003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 08:05 PM   #9
Traveling along

Thanks for the information.

Has anyone stayed at Yogi Bearís Jellystone Parkô Camp-Resort Guadalupe River in Kerrville?? Looks like its a good park.
2019 Silverado 2500
Old 01-24-2021, 10:43 PM   #10
Now a "Top Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill and Margo View Post
Has anyone stayed at Yogi Bearís Jellystone Parkô Camp-Resort Guadalupe River in Kerrville?? Looks like its a good park.
I have not, all my kids are grown. But a friend stayed there (a few years back), and he and his kids really liked it. Most of the Jellystone campgrounds are pretty much the same, so if you've stayed at one, you've seen the rest. Anyway, he liked it.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 07:28 PM   #11
Traveling along

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdJunior View Post
I have not, all my kids are grown. But a friend stayed there (a few years back), and he and his kids really liked it. Most of the Jellystone campgrounds are pretty much the same, so if you've stayed at one, you've seen the rest. Anyway, he liked it.
Glad to hear that. Just put the deposit for next winter there. Oct to March. Coming from Michigan going to Oregon to do some whale watching in Sept. Odd stops down to Texas. Grand trip in the planning stage.
2019 Silverado 2500

Tags
campground, mpg