Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-30-2014, 01:25 AM   #1

Seasonal Campgrounds

We are near the Evansville area looking for a nice, seasonal campground. Petersburg has a nice one but is on a 4-5 year waiting list. We would like a campground with full hookups, a nice shower house, and maybe fun things to do. Lake for swimming, weekend music, etc. Any ideas? We are new to the camping scene, so we're learning as we go. We just bought our trailer last summer.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forest River Forums mobile app
madhattr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 03:40 AM   #2
MI Camperz

I would try google, ARVC, and your state's tourism sites to start looking.
Happy hunting. We took a w/e to choose between several that were near each other in MI.
Old 03-30-2014, 05:29 AM   #3

I guess I forgot to add the part about Southern Indiana. I'm on my mobile phone, but I'm not seeing how to find campgrounds using ARVC.
Old 03-30-2014, 06:24 AM   #4

If your on an I phone you go into Safari and use like a regular computer search. I am not familiar with terminology of other smart phones. If your phone is not a smart one you will not be able to do a search.

If you have a lap top computer gp to the nearest McDomalds and use their Wifi.
Old 03-30-2014, 07:08 AM   #5

Got it. For some reason, it wasn't letting me see the directory earlier.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 03-30-2014, 07:15 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

May not be ideal, but I used Good Sam. From there, I could link to each park's website and look for a seasonal rate. We then made a list of all the ones we wanted to go check out. Got through most of them last year and will be hitting some more this year. I've already picked the one I liked, but DW wants to check out the rest of the list first so it'll still be another year or two before make the switch. Until then, I'm still going to look into rates, availability, hidden costs, etc., at every place we go.
Old 03-30-2014, 07:39 AM   #7
MI Camperz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaadk View Post
May not be ideal, but I used Good Sam. From there, I could link to each park's website and look for a seasonal rate. We then made a list of all the ones we wanted to go check out. Got through most of them last year and will be hitting some more this year. I've already picked the one I liked, but DW wants to check out the rest of the list first so it'll still be another year or two before make the switch. Until then, I'm still going to look into rates, availability, hidden costs, etc., at every place we go.
Sounds thorough. Hidden costs do add up. While our rate is about 1350, I end up paying about 1650 to include all the electricity, sewer, and golf cart fee. Another 250 for dock. Still an awesome deal for 7 months.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:01 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodzcampers View Post
Sounds thorough. Hidden costs do add up. While our rate is about 1350, I end up paying about 1650 to include all the electricity, sewer, and golf cart fee. Another 250 for dock. Still an awesome deal for 7 months.

That's about the same as the one I liked. Much better deals in MI than the Canadian side. Over here they start around 2700.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:31 AM   #9

Carefully look at each campgrounds restrictions statements. Some allow golf carts, some not, some electric only. Some restrict how big a deck and storage shed can be. Before signing anything take a walk thru and talk to current seasonals to see what they like, don't like. Good luck in your search.
Wiscampsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 12:03 PM   #10

I am a seasonal camper in Virginia - a great way to enjoy camping without taking the time to tow and set up. We camped over 100 nights last season thanks to being able to pack a bag and hit the road on Fridays after work.
rjf7g is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mpg