Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2021, 07:25 PM   #1
waybeck2018

Texas Renaissance Fair

Planning to go to the Texas Renaissance Faire this Fall either September or October. It is in Todd Madison, TX just north of Houston. Looking for suggestions for FHU campgrounds in the vicinity within 1 hour or less from the event. Montgomery, Conroe,Willis area We are aware of the campground on the premise but do not want the 24 hour noise from the party crowd. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Also if any one has been to this event any suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Looking Forward to Completing This Map Soon !
waybeck2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 08:03 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybeck2018 View Post
Planning to go to the Texas Renaissance Faire this Fall either September or October. It is in Todd Madison, TX just north of Houston. Looking for suggestions for FHU campgrounds in the vicinity within 1 hour or less from the event. Montgomery, Conroe,Willis area We are aware of the campground on the premise but do not want the 24 hour noise from the party crowd. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Also if any one has been to this event any suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance.
Would that be Todd Mission, Texas?

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 08:40 PM   #3

Greetings Waybeck! It has been ages since I went to the Texas Ren Fest. Cannot speak to the camping, but from what I remember, the Faire Grounds are massive and you're sure to have a great time. Sadly, not sure how the Pandocalypse will affect it. If you are willing to dress the part, I highly encourage it as you will fit right in! It was there (back in the greatest decade ever) that I ate my first scotch egg and was inspired to learn how to play the Highland bagpipes after seeing the Scottish Rogues perform.
TinyHousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 08:50 PM   #4

try to reserve a spot at Cagle rec. area. at New Waverly. corp. of eng. park. nice place. reserve early , might close in oct. dont remember. lake Sommerville has a st. park and corp. parks and a private campground. its east of conroe tx. 45 min. Sam Houston st. park is very busy at ahuntsville as a last resort . but has full hookups inc sewer.
Thomas ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 09:21 PM   #5

Try Magnolia Forest RV park. We have a friend who camped there to visit friends. It's not fancy, but it's quiet and is fairly close to the festival.
https://www.magnoliaforestrvpark.com/
Old 02-01-2021, 09:26 PM   #6
waybeck2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
Would that be Todd Mission, Texas?

Yes Mr. Dan it is. I thought I spell checked before submitting. And thank for the feed back from those who provided suggestions.

Old 02-01-2021, 09:34 PM   #7
waybeck2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyHousers View Post
Greetings Waybeck! It has been ages since I went to the Texas Ren Fest. Cannot speak to the camping, but from what I remember, the Faire Grounds are massive and you're sure to have a great time. Sadly, not sure how the Pandocalypse will affect it. If you are willing to dress the part, I highly encourage it as you will fit right in! It was there (back in the greatest decade ever) that I ate my first scotch egg and was inspired to learn how to play the Highland bagpipes after seeing the Scottish Rogues perform.

Thanks Tiny House. We plan to go for Oktoberfest if possible and if not then Pirate Invasion or Barbarian Invasion. Good to be retired at last so I have options.

Old 02-01-2021, 11:18 PM   #8
Now a "Top Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_snowbird View Post
Try Magnolia Forest RV park. We have a friend who camped there to visit friends. It's not fancy, but it's quiet and is fairly close to the festival.
https://www.magnoliaforestrvpark.com/
We stayed here a few years ago for the Ren Fest and it did us just fine. I usually get pictures of the campground we stay at, but for some reason, I did not get a single picture of this one. I got some at the Ren Fest, but none of the campground.

There is also a new one, or at least it was new a few years ago, just down the road from the gates to Ren Fest. We saw it when it was just the clubhouse, and now it looks like a pretty decent park. It would sure be worth a look anyway:
Rosewood Village RV Park
Retired AF MSgt

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote