Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2016, 05:50 PM   #1

The Crow Wing Lake Campground Brainard Minasota 5 STARS

I have been RVing for over 40 years and most campgrounds have the bare minimum but when I find a campground that has everything I ever need I spend the time and write a review,
The Crow Wing Lake Campground is worth your time and effort in trying to visit for a few days. It is locate din Brainerd Minnesota.
Address is 2393 Crow Wing Camp Road. Phone 218-829-6468.
They have about 140 sites, many pull-thru as well as back-ins.
All sites are in the trees with grass. The road coming in and within the park are good and no pot holes. Sites range from a separate area for tends and they do have seasonal in the outer edges, They have heated pool, great kids playground and lots to do to keep the kids happy. FREE and good WIFI . The premium lake front sites are worth the few extra dollars for the most tranquil view of the lake. The owners and all the staff are the friendliest I have seen any where. They drive you to your site in their golf cart and help you get in and setup.
The sites are cleaned and raked after anyone leaves and actually clean out the fire rings which all sites have.
The general store has everything and one thing I noticed everything is reasonable priced even the ice cream. I bought 4 ice cream bars and was astonished they were only $1 each. That is the type of owners these folks are.
Power is usually 30 amp and some 50 amps, water pressure is good and all sites have sewer. They don't have cable tv but you get about 9 local channels on regular antenna,
I stopped for over night but stayed 4 nights because of the lake and service. They are discounts for Good Sam members but also active and retired military. 10%
Fishing is great if you have a state lic. They have pontoon boats to rent for $60 1/2 day or $130 for the day, Canoes $30 a day,
Site prices range from $44 to $59 depending on the day of the week as Friday, Saturday and Sundays are the highest because of the popularity. Many local use this campground which was surprising.
I hope you have a chance to visit and enjoy this campground.
We did!.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 06:02 PM   #2

that area is my old stomping ground grew up on Lake Millacs
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 07:13 AM   #3

We are very familiar with Crow Wing as I attended National Guard annual training at Camp Ripley for many years. My family camped there while I was at training. This was many years ago, however, we have returned to Crow Wing during the last couple of years and whole heartily endorse and agree with the post above.
Some folks may think it's a bit pricey, but you do get what you pay for and your experience at Crow Wing will be vey pleasurable!
2015 Ram Laramie Hemi, w/air suspension
30 years RV'ing
11 different RV's
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mpg