Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2020, 09:01 AM   #1

Thinking of fall leaf peeping in the Ozarks

Hi folks, New owners and thinking of planning a fall trip to Missouri or Arkansas for some leaf peeping. Anyone have a good spot and timing to make some advanced reservations? Thanks in advance!
mgb1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 09:08 AM   #2

I think you will find many really nice state parks scattered all over Arkansas. I think your best bet for leafing would be hwy 7 north out of Russellville to Harrison. Turn left north of Harrison and go to Eureka Springs then turn south again. I have not found a bad secondary road in Arkansas. There is a COE park on hwy 60 west of Conway called Toad Suck that is good. State parks in that area are very good, Petit Jean, Mt Magazine and Queen Wilhelmina, Devils Den. The first three are on mountain tops with awesome views.
hshaynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 09:27 AM   #3

I like Sam A. Baker SP in MO and the Current River in the Ozark National Scenic Riverway (Round Spring Campground).

Sam Baker has great hiking and swimming. Round Springs also has affordable and easy access float trips for 1/2 and full day that end at the campground. Both locations are on rivers that are spring fed. Very cold water. Round Springs only has 6 electric sites. The rest are tent sites.

Timing is tough since it is temperature and precipitation dependent.

2022 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH
2020 Rockwood Roo 19 (Sold Jul 2022)
2012 F150 SuperCrew Ecoboost
hobienick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 03:34 PM   #4

Like Hobinick said, timing is going to be the issue, especially this year. Here in the Arkansas part of the Ozarks the summer has been mild. We had tons of rain up until mid July, then drier than a bone for 5 weeks. Now starting to get a little rain again. All this is going to throw off the color change. That still is several weeks away yet. You could p m me later on for a report for our area. Good luck.