Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2012, 10:16 AM   #1

Twin Fountains RV

We are heading to Oklahoma next week and stayin at Twin Fountains, has anybody every stay or been by this location, the website that they have is very pretty, with alot going on around it. I was just wanted some feedback. Thanks for your time.
Coldsteel1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:38 AM   #2

Stayed there, nice park. A lot of highway noise due to its location to the Interstate. Sites are level, clean, good water pressure, easy in & out. There's a neat museum just down the road. National carrier pigeon museum, worth checking out! Enjoy!
Prodigy
M.I.L. in Florida for good!!
amxpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:49 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by amxpress View Post
Stayed there, nice park. A lot of highway noise due to its location to the Interstate. Sites are level, clean, good water pressure, easy in & out. There's a neat museum just down the road. National carrier pigeon museum, worth checking out! Enjoy!
Thanks for the feedback, we are really looking forward to tryin out the new TT, and visiting a new city.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:57 PM   #4

Don't forget to make time for the Oklahoma City Memorial as it's worth a visit.
Prodigy
M.I.L. in Florida for good!!
amxpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:45 PM   #5

We stayed there 2 years ago for my brother-in-law's wedding. It ranks as one of the nicest (if not the nicest!) parks I've stayed in. Lawns groomed like a golf course. Everything is clean and neat. The museum down the road is the National Cowboy Museum. Worth the visit.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:12 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by amxpress
Don't forget to make time for the Oklahoma City Memorial as it's worth a visit.
We going to try and fit that, a lot to c in acouple of days
Lariat Supercrew 5.4L 3.73 gears

Trips 2012-x2
Old 06-26-2012, 10:13 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by frfan
We stayed there 2 years ago for my brother-in-law's wedding. It ranks as one of the nicest (if not the nicest!) parks I've stayed in. Lawns groomed like a golf course. Everything is clean and neat. The museum down the road is the National Cowboy Museum. Worth the visit.
My wife and are real excited to c the cowboy museum

Trips 2012-x2
Old 06-26-2012, 10:42 PM   #8

I haven't stayed at Twin Fountains just driven by it several times. Park looks very nice, but N.W. Expressway borders the nothern side while I-35 borders the east, so I would think there's alot of highway noise.

Approx 5 miles or so south of Twin Fountains there's a few museums, Firefighters, 45th Infantry and the Omniplex (hands on science museum - alot of fun for the entire family). Also the Softball Hall Of Fame.

Next to the Omniplex is the Oklahoma City Zoo. It's a great zoo with a brand new elephant exhibit that you gotta see.

There's also Remmington Park (horse racing) next to the Zoo and Omniplex.

Go north of Twin Fountains on I-35 about 5 miles and there's Frontier City. A pretty good amusement park.

About 10 miles east of the intersection of I-40 & I-35, located at I-40 & Choctaw road, is a very nice KOA (Oklahoma City East KOA). Just in case you want something a little quieter. A little more driving to area attractions, but it's still easy to get to everything. I have stayed here and it's a nice campground with very nice people running it.
My RV dealer (Leisure Time RV) is only a 3 or 4 miles away if you need anything along that line.

Check out reviews of both campgrounds here; RV Park Reviews :: Oklahoma
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:16 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by grhodes50 View Post
I haven't stayed at Twin Fountains just driven by it several times. Park looks very nice, but N.W. Expressway borders the nothern side while I-35 borders the east, so I would think there's alot of highway noise.

Approx 5 miles or so south of Twin Fountains there's a few museums, Firefighters, 45th Infantry and the Omniplex (hands on science museum - alot of fun for the entire family). Also the Softball Hall Of Fame.

Next to the Omniplex is the Oklahoma City Zoo. It's a great zoo with a brand new elephant exhibit that you gotta see.

There's also Remmington Park (horse racing) next to the Zoo and Omniplex.

Go north of Twin Fountains on I-35 about 5 miles and there's Frontier City. A pretty good amusement park.

About 10 miles east of the intersection of I-40 & I-35, located at I-40 & Choctaw road, is a very nice KOA (Oklahoma City East KOA). Just in case you want something a little quieter. A little more driving to area attractions, but it's still easy to get to everything. I have stayed here and it's a nice campground with very nice people running it.
My RV dealer (Leisure Time RV) is only a 3 or 4 miles away if you need anything along that line.

Check out reviews of both campgrounds here; RV Park Reviews :: Oklahoma
That's one of the reason we decided to stay there because some much to do, I understand the noise, it'll be a even traded off, I also seen the water taxi, that looks fun. Way Kool
Old 07-07-2012, 08:26 PM   #10

Just back from Oklahoma City, what a great time we had, Twin Fountains was a nice place to stay, very hot but the location was very good.

Trips 2012-x2