Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2015, 04:37 PM   #1

Where to stay near The Woodlands Tx.

We are planning a trip for May 8-10. We need suggestions for an RV park near the Fairfield Inn in The Woodlands, Tx.
cudntherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 07:51 PM   #2
Now a "Top Member"

The closest place is going to be Woodlands Lake RV Resort Why Woodland Lakes RV Park? - Woodland Lakes RV Park

We have not stayed there, but have driven through it, and it looks really nice. It's just a mile or two from the hotel. If you want to drive a bit further, up on 105 is a place called Country Place RV Park Country Place RV Park . We have stayed there before, and it is a nice park. Even further away, but still doable is Wild Country RV Park on 1485 WILDÂ*COUNTRY RV PARK - HOME This one takes Passport America if you have that, and is also a Coast to Coast park. No cement pads, but still a nice park. There are half a dozen close by this one on Hwy 59 around New Caney.

So it just depends on how far you want to drive. Be warned, there is a lot of construction right smack in the middle of where you are going (242 (Needham Dr.) and I-45. There are frequent nightly closures that can make getting around there a real pain. Since this is a specific request, it sounds like you have no choice, so just a heads up for you.

If you have any specific questions, please let me know (I live close to here and we frequently go to the Woodlands as a diversion from our normal stuff).
Retired AF MSgt

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 09:58 PM   #3

Thanks

Ed and Sharon,
Thanks for the suggestions. I reviewed all of them and reserved a space at the Woodland Lakes.
cudntherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 08:52 AM   #4
Now a "Top Member"

No problem Pat. Y'all enjoy. And again, be careful around all the construction.
Retired AF MSgt

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 12:57 PM   #5

Well it may be a little late but we love Northlake RV Resort a little north of Houston off the toll way, it might be a little south of where you want to stay.

Here's a link: North Houston RV Resort & Houston RV Park | Northlake RV Resort
DKRITTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 02:30 PM   #6
Blue Ridge 3600

The nicest park we have found is just off US 59 in New Caney. It is called Forest Retreat which is owned by the same people as Woodland Lakes. It is a Good Sam five star park with very nice spaces. The upkeep is great. nice pool, landscaping, clubhouse and pavillion. The bath houses are ultra nice with Italian tile and granite. It is about 20 to 25 minutes from the motel.