Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2015, 09:51 PM   #1

William O'Brien state park in MN

Going to be camping at William O'Brien state park in early June. Any thing we need see or do in the area? Going for my nieces graduation, but decided to make it a week and pull our Sabre up there. (Hopefully we have it by then)
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 10:50 PM   #2

You will be within an hour from the Mall of America and the Twins baseball stadium. There are also many scenic river towns that follow south along the Mississippi. Or head a few hours north to Lake Superior. Duluth's canal park is nice and there are many state parks that follow hwy 61 north. An hour south of the Canadian border is our favorite seaside town Grand Marias. They have a nice campgound right on Lake Superior.

Aviator Wright-Flyer#1908
1996 Holiday Rambler
2012 Ram 2500HD CTD
KenHwy61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 11:51 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenHwy61 View Post
You will be within an hour from the Mall of America and the Twins baseball stadium. There are also many scenic river towns that follow south along the Mississippi. Or head a few hours north to Lake Superior. Duluth's canal park is nice and there are many state parks that follow hwy 61 north. An hour south of the Canadian border is our favorite seaside town Grand Marias. They have a nice campgound right on Lake Superior.
Being from Minnesota I have to agree with everything that KenHwy61 had to say.
I have stayed at that campground and it was great. It is just a short drive to Stillwater and there are lots of antique shops right downtown. The last time I was in Stillwater they also had a cooking class in a building right along the main drag. Get out and walk the town and you will not regret it. It is a great tourist town.
spierce617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 08:09 AM   #4

Great. Thanks
Old 04-26-2015, 08:43 AM   #5
Minnesotan

Stillwater

There are lots of great restaurants in Stillwater: The Freight House, Luna Rosa, Smalley's Caribbean Barbeque..

I'd recommend a cruise on the St. Croix. St. Croix Boat and Packet | Paddle Boat River Cruises, Private Charters, Weddings, and Premier Catering Options | Stillwater Minnesota 55082

The town can get a bit congested. He's a link to see what events are happening for your dates. Stillwater Events Calendar | Events.discoverstillwater.com

Enjoy your stay in MN,
Katie
kaschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 11:36 PM   #6

Beautiful park and love the campsites. Didn't think we were going to be able to get backed in, but somehow we did. Spending most of our time helping my sister get ready for my nieces grad reception, but hopefully, we'll get a couple days to enjoy the area.
Thanks for all the tips!