Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2020, 02:32 PM   #1

15k BTU A/C Not Working on 2020 Sunseeker LE

We just got our first RV a week ago and we cannot get the A/C working. It came with the upgraded 15 k unit but the thermostat is different from everyone that is pictured in Forest River App. It came on for a minute in our driveway and then stopped. Thermostat is still on but the A/C will not turn on anymore. I checked the circuit breaker and it’s not tripped. Prior to using the generator I had the RV hooked up to my house using the 30 amp adapter the dealer provided. The first time it happened was last weekend but then I read the AC will not run with adapter. So I figured that was my issue because it tripped my breaker in the house. I didn’t try it again until today so I started the generator first. The RV was still plugged into my house though. I turned the AC on and it ran for a minute and shut off again. The breaker in my house got tripped which I wasn’t expecting since the generator was on. I unhooked the electric and left the generator on but the AC still will not come on. I’ve shut everything down, restarted the generator but the AC will not come on. My dealer is 6 hours away and no one local sells Sunseekers. Thanks in advance for any help I can get!
Xucronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 03:08 PM   #2

There is a circuit breaker on the generator itself on the right side near the bottom. Reason I say this is because you said running the genny, it(A/C) started and shut down after tripping the house. Transfer switch should have overridden the extension.
Old 05-24-2020, 03:11 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xucronin View Post
We just got our first RV a week ago and we cannot get the A/C working. It came with the upgraded 15 k unit but the thermostat is different from everyone that is pictured in Forest River App. It came on for a minute in our driveway and then stopped. Thermostat is still on but the A/C will not turn on anymore. I checked the circuit breaker and it’s not tripped. Prior to using the generator I had the RV hooked up to my house using the 30 amp adapter the dealer provided. The first time it happened was last weekend but then I read the AC will not run with adapter. So I figured that was my issue because it tripped my breaker in the house. I didn’t try it again until today so I started the generator first. The RV was still plugged into my house though. I turned the AC on and it ran for a minute and shut off again. The breaker in my house got tripped which I wasn’t expecting since the generator was on. I unhooked the electric and left the generator on but the AC still will not come on. I’ve shut everything down, restarted the generator but the AC will not come on. My dealer is 6 hours away and no one local sells Sunseekers. Thanks in advance for any help I can get!
It appears from the brochure that the "LE" models do not have an automatic transfer switch. To switch from shore power to generator power you must plug the shore power cord into a receptacle that is wired to the generator output. You should find this receptacle in the same compartment where the power cord comes from. It will be a 30amp receptacle that your power cord will plug into without the use of any adapters.

Also there is a 30 amp circuit breaker on the generator that could be tripped. It is located to the right 90° around the corner of the start/stop switch on the generator after you remove the cover.

Using an adapter to connect to a receptacle in your house sometimes will not work to run the AC. The AC pulls 13-15 amps on startup., depending upon the house circuit you are plugged into 15 or 20 amp as well as additional loads many times it will trip the house circuit breaker.

2021 Newmar Baystar 3401
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk toad
2017.5 Forester 3051S Traded 7/2020
Steve-W is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sunseeker, sunseeker le