Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2023, 02:40 PM   #1

2 interior lights that I cannot turn off

Hi.

We have a 2018 2290S Sunseaker. There are two lights in the interior of the camper that are now on continuously. They are not on a switch, nor are they the push-on push-off variety of our ceiling lights. One is the floor light in the bathroom. The second is the floor light on the lower entrance step. Can anyone suggest how to turn these lights off.

Westcoastdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2023, 03:37 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoastdave View Post
Hi.

We have a 2018 2290S Sunseaker. There are two lights in the interior of the camper that are now on continuously. They are not on a switch, nor are they the push-on push-off variety of our ceiling lights. One is the floor light in the bathroom. The second is the floor light on the lower entrance step. Can anyone suggest how to turn these lights off.

You providing a photo of the lights would help. If you mean the small square motion sensor lights near the floor, on mine there were no switches. The one at the entrance step was triggered on by any motion in the cab, and became annoying. I put a switch next to mine. The one in the bathroom is acting so badly now (coming on dim, or flashing like a strobe) that I’m going to rip it out. Replacements of the exact same type have been tried but none of them work well.

They look sort of like this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E2BF91A0-1D83-40A6-ACA1-F1B2F602D81F.jpeg
Views:	48
Size:	147.0 KB
ID:	287743  
Old 05-27-2023, 04:07 PM   #3
Kanadian Kamper

These are what’s in my 2018 Sunseeker 2530S at the two locations mentioned.
These are a very popular light available almost anywhere including Amazon.
They’re not motion lights, and are controlled by a factory switch on the wall of the bedroom. They’re OFF or they’re ON.

YOU CHOOSE……not some stupid circuitry that doesn’t work right.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6829.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	316.0 KB
ID:	287745  

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2023, 06:10 PM   #4

Thanks for the suggestions. Here is what I did to solve this problem.

My RV has roof top solar panels that feed 2 banks if 3 batteries each. The batteries are controlled by a splitter switch that can run bank 1, bank 2, bank 1+2, and off. I have left it on Bank 1+2 all the time. This afternoon 1 cycled through 1, 2, 1+2 and off. When I went back to 1+2 both problematic lights went off, and my furnace clicked on. I have no idea why. Any suggestions?

Westcoastdave
Westcoastdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2023, 11:22 PM   #5

On my Forester those two lights are controlled by my “aisle” switch grouped with the outdoor light switches by the door.
Tombsy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light