Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-25-2015, 12:41 PM   #1

2002 chevy sunseeker charging

My coach battery goes dead if i dont turn the battery switch off.if i turn it off when we are done it stays charged.i left the switch on by accident and Coach battery went dead in a couple days .i dont see anything left on.any thoughts?
MRMACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 01:06 PM   #2

On our 2011 Sunseeker the LP/CO detector has power from the battery disconnect switch and will drain the coach batteries if the disconnect switch is not turned off. The antenna booster needs to be switched off. Neither uses much power but over several days it adds up.

Turning the disconnect off is the way to go, but you could put an ammeter in series with the positive battery cable and see if you have other drains. If you do, pull the fuses one at a time to find it.

I don't know, but the Bidirectional Relay Delay controller may have a small power usage. There’s 12 volt power to it when the disconnect switch is on.
RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 08:10 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRMACH1 View Post
My coach battery goes dead if i dont turn the battery switch off.if i turn it off when we are done it stays charged.i left the switch on by accident and Coach battery went dead in a couple days .i dont see anything left on.any thoughts?
I suspect that the Magnadyne radio draws power with the swirch off. Probably so the remote control will work. I have been intending to experiment with this to prove my theory.

I have also unplugged both televisions.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 03:28 PM   #4

The light was on in one of the storage spaces underneath.lol duh
MRMACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charging, sunseeker