Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2013, 08:17 AM   #1

2006 sunseeker daytime light problem

Hi I live Canada so need daytime running lights so I have an after market hamsar module put in buy company .My problem is when
I put the main lights on with switch than the module shorts out I guess and running lights stay on when truck not running only way to turn them off is to disconnect module . Has anyone else had this problem . thanks Keith
Karguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:20 AM   #2
Commercial Member

Should be a way just to program the Ford to use daytime running lamps. I knoew the new ones can do that.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:08 PM   #3

running lights

Do you know if factory put the modules in for Canadian customers or is it done dealer back than . Fords day time module was not put in as I had the dealership look and no module where ford put it .
Karguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:32 PM   #4
Commercial Member

All I know is the chassis we get today...A Ford tech comes out and just programs them to work. Nothing we install. Maybe that wasn't the case back in 2006

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:28 PM   #5
Anacortesians

It sounds as though the module was incorrectly installed. I'd be tempted to have an auto electrician take a look.

Some years back, I made a DRL system for my '68 Rover 2000. It switched the headlight low beams on, wired in series, whenever the ignition came on. When the lights were turned on by the dash switch, they went back to being in parallel and my "module" (no solid state electronics, just 12V relays) was by-passed. That was the way the first DRL system on the market, made by Volvo for its European market cars back in the early 1960s, was done.

I'm rather glad the US doesn't have a blanket requirement for DRLs. IMO, if every vehicle has them, their effectiveness is greatly diminished. My RV has them, but my KIA does not.

When GM introduced their system in the early 90'd. I thought it was damn dangerous. On one of my Boeing trips, my rental car was a Chevy Cavalier. I arrived at the destination airport after dark, got in the car and turned the key on. The headlights and panel lights came on full bright, so i assumed everything was on and drove the 25 miles or so to my hotel. A couple of times, drivers passing me flashed their lights. The following morning, in the daylight, I noticed a decal on the instrument panel. it was a clear decal with fairly small, white print on it. It said "The daytime running light system turns on the headlights and panel lights ONLY. After dark, use the lighting switch to turn all lights on." I'd driven that trip with no tail lights! The decal was nearly invisible when the panel lights were on.