Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2019, 11:55 PM   #1

2013 3010DS TV mount & Power problems

I searched forever for help removing the TV in the main cabin, as the original 12V Jensen unit would not come on. I finally found this thread:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f18/television-removal-3010ds-101829.html

It solved both problems! So, I tried to bump it to get the info back out there. But, it's too old. So, here it is again.

The short story is that the mount is just poorly designed. There is no access to the connections with the TV mounted. And, the aluminum mount binds up.

So, to get the TV off the wall, you have to slide it straight up, to remove the TV from the keyhole slots. It may require a mallet to get it to budge.

Once removed, there is a cheap, 8A fuse holder that melts over time. Replace the fuse holder with a good quality automotive holder and your back in business.

Happy Trails!
RUNNOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 06:58 AM   #2

Power

12 volt tv that melts the in-line fuse on the power cord? The fuse is a fast blowing 8 amp? We have a similar issue. We believe it’s a tv high voltage issue that cropped up suddenly. We replace the fuse and it blows as soon as we plug in the tv.
JCSontheRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 08:00 AM   #3

But the fuse in mine is not blown. Only the holder failed. I cleaned the melted plastic off of the fuse, put it back in and it worked.

The holder got warm. But, the wire did not.

The input contact of the holder was corroded and the case melted around it. So, I suspect the corrosion came first, causing it to resist flow & heat up. Since the fuse is good, I assume that the amperage is still at a safe level. (A carpenter's guess at electrical woes!)
RUNNOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 03:46 PM   #4

But if the holder is warm, then it's a high resistance at the connection points to the fuse. Your amperage hasn't changed, but the ability of the connections to carry that amperage has deteriorated. If you've cleaned and tightened the connections, then it should continue to perform satisfactorily. Check it from time to time; If it ever feels the slightest bit warm, the best thing to do is to replace the fuse holder.
Old 07-24-2019, 03:52 PM   #5

jenson

I think jenson has a new revision (2 yrs ago?) to the 12v plug... worth a call to cust serv..
"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Check out the "mods" in the albums
Hoglou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2013, mount, power, sunseeker, tv mount