Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2021, 09:00 PM   #1

2014 DS3170 Sunseeker Living room slide out

Have an issue with the DS3170 living room slide out. When I push the slide out / in button on the panel, it appears as if there is no power. No motor whirring sound. I tried to look at the fuse panel by the coach entry stairs (the metal fuse casing) and switched one with other. Still same issue. Not sure if there are other location for the fuse.

This was working fine and was able to pull the slide in after our last camping only a few weeks ago. I found the manual crack through one of the storage bins underneath and extended it out.

Any pointers would be appreciated and thanks in advance
vriyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 07:35 AM   #2
Certified Curmudgeon

Sudden failure on an above floor slide like your big one is usually caused by a wire getting pinched/cut on the way in. I would try to check the harness.
Old 07-14-2021, 03:30 PM   #3

Pull the convenience panel and check the that the wires are connected securely to the slide switch. To test switch, touch the two wires and see if the motor runs.
While you are there, check all wiring connections for tightness.
Check the motor leads under the slide box for tightness.
I think there is a momentary breaker either mounted to the wall of the battery box or in the battery control system BCS panel. It can be reset with a small side button.
Here is a link to an example of what your are looking for. This may not be the correct one.
I think there is a small button on the side to reset the breaker. If it opens again, there is an issue that is causing too much voltage that needs to be corrected.
Hope my wondering help.

https://www.jmesales.com/coxreels-ci...SABEgIpfPD_BwE
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 12:03 PM   #4

For what it’s worth- we had a similar experience 3 years ago - turns out we had the original piece of crap batteries (they lasted 13 months). Got two new good ones from local dealer and we haven’t looked back - and we use it a LOT

Tags
2014, 3170, roo, slide, slide out, sunseeker