Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2021, 03:29 PM   #1

2015 forester 3011 DS back up camera

I have a 2015 Forest River Forrester and the back up camera is displaying a white picture I can make out something it’s almost like there’s a white film over it. Any help would be appreciated thank you
joel ritchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 08:20 AM   #2

Do you know what brand the camera is? My RVS camera on my 2017 was replaced under warranty due to water intrusion. The new one also lets water in so after a good rain, I can't see anything but a gray smear. It typically dries out in about 24 hours.
mbutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 09:11 AM   #3

Camera

I think I’m going to try and replace the camera mine is too old and I doubt they would do anything on the warranty. Did you see them when they replace the camera and how they did it. I have read on some of the Forest River site that they had to take the whole back cap off. I sure don’t want to have to do that do you know is there a opening behind the bracket that I could splice the cables. Thanks
Old 09-14-2021, 09:26 AM   #4

I did not see them do the change, but they did tell me it was a bugger. They had to remove the large crown moulding on the back wall/ceiling to access the wiring. My RVS camera's connection is not on the camera, but about 18" inside the rear of the camper.
Old 09-14-2021, 10:29 AM   #5

Camera

Well I know that I will replace it with a wireless one if I have to. I have worked on cameras for about 20 years and I know that if I can get to the wires behind the bracket I can maybe fix it with a new camera. I hope. My battery died on my coach and I think that’s when it died.But I have seen moisture in the lens so it may be toast . Thanks again for your help and input.
Old 09-14-2021, 10:42 AM   #6

If you go with a wireless, please post which camera you end up with. I wouldn't mind retiring mine due to the fact that it sometimes rains in Michigan
Good luck!
Old 09-14-2021, 10:48 AM   #7
Kanadian Kamper

Here’s the company I went with for over a year now. No troubles at all using their wireless unit unless you’re very close to strong frequency equipment…..like transformers.

There’s too many to talk about….wired, wireless, single camera, multi camera, and on and on.

https://www.tadibrothers.com/

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 02:30 PM   #8

I JUST purchased a new wireless camera and monitor. Bought on Amazon from a company called Amtifo. Model Number is A8. Paid $178.00 including overnight shipping and a modified mount for my Forest River trailer. My thoughts...

* - Modified mount didn't fit or work (May have been packed in incorrectly?)
Cord to modify Furrion cable work great and fit immediately.
* - Camera is great - monitor is great - everything in the package was wonderful!
* - Kicker = Buy the kit and now I'm getting another camera free too!

====THANK YOU AMAZON AND AMTIFO====
Arkie_ENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 07:46 PM   #9

We replaced the camera in our 2014 3011DS ourselves.

See if my previous post is of any help:

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ml#post1984977
avid108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 08:35 AM   #10

I also have a 2015 Forest River Forest but it is my side cameras that act this way. I had it in the shop when new but it only acted up after about an hour or so of driving so it was impossible for them to check it. I have been trying to find where the connection is from the mirrors so maybe I can change them out myself.
Also like many others the rain gutters drain right on the mirrors and cameras which probably caused the cameras to fail. I seemed to fix this problem with some flexible plastic tubing.
FishRich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
back up camera, camera, forester