Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-04-2018, 06:45 AM   #1

2015 Sunseeker 3010 DS

In one of the basement compartment where the water filter is located, is a red hose and a blue hose. There is a valve that is in the closed position on the blue hose. What do they do and is the valve suppose to be in the off position?

Would this affect filling the potable water tank? I have a problem with way to much back flow when trying to fill this tank. Any help is appreciated.
-Tom-
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181103_100519.jpg
Views:	771
Size:	427.4 KB
ID:	190640   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181103_100528.jpg
Views:	620
Size:	425.8 KB
ID:	190641  
PortCityThrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 07:13 AM   #2

The blue line is the fresh water tank drain. The red line has a cap on it and is the low point drain. When the water heater is in the bypass mode it will drain the hot and cold water lines. If you are having trouble filling the fresh water tank with the gravity feed, you may need to insert a smaller diameter hose to get bast a sag in the current fill hose. If you search this forum you will find several posts about the sag in the gravity feed line and trouble filling the tank.
Dr Safety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 04:37 AM   #3

It's a mystery why Forest River put a valve in the blue tank drain but a cap on the end of the red low point drain. You have to lay on the ground to remove the drain cap, then again to put it back on. You may want to put a valve on the low point drain. I used a Gatorbite from Lowes, which is the same as Sharkbite from Home Depot.

I was worried that water in the low point drain would freeze and pop off the drain cap when we were winter camping, even though we were keeping the water compartment warm with the furnace. I was especially worried if we were driving and 60 mph freezing air was blowing across it. Fortunately, I added the valve before I had to drive in freezing weather.
RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 03:00 PM   #4

water mods

Here is a pic of my water mod that deleted the water tower filter. I went to valves on both hot and cold as if you loose or break that little plastic hot water cap under the coach you are done with water till you get home to fix it or find one. I also moved my discharge line to the rear of the coach so I dont stand in the water when draining it..

Got everything from Lowes to do the job..
Attached Images

"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Check out the "mods" in the albums
Hoglou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 09:56 AM   #5

it looks like a great pic are you able to post a link as its so small i cant see anything in it. Old eyes sorry.
Old 11-08-2018, 10:41 AM   #6

pics

They are all in my album. Click above my name on the left... under public profile..
Old 11-15-2018, 08:53 PM   #7

Filling tank issues

In my 2018 3010DS, I found this.

Prop up the bed and remove the plywood pieces, especially the one at the head of the bed. You can now trace the hose from the water tank to close to where you pump it in. I'll bet it essentially goes up then down then back up again. I put in I think a piece of wood and some screws and a zip tie, and I no longer have that problem.

Not related to your blue/red drain hoses.

2018 Sunseeker 3010 DS
FlippinUid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 07:43 PM   #8

I use a clothes washer supply line and cut the male end off to fit in the fill port. Screw that on the garden hose for the gravity feed an push the line in the water fill port about a foot. One day I will re route the water line for better fall. Just lazy.
osgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 08:57 AM   #9

I have a 2015 Sunseeker 3010DS. A storage unit on the passenger side seems to hold water after a shower (not every time), and I'm not 100% certain it's coming from the shower, could be the fridge.

It's not the large storage at the end, it's the one next to to it. How do I track down the leak? Also, is there suppose to be grout at the bottom of the shower. I one piece surround shower walls at the bottom are sorta open, no grout or sealant.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...1&d=1541331771

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...1&d=1541331771
PortCityThrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 09:08 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Safety View Post
The blue line is the fresh water tank drain. The red line has a cap on it and is the low point drain. When the water heater is in the bypass mode it will drain the hot and cold water lines. If you are having trouble filling the fresh water tank with the gravity feed, you may need to insert a smaller diameter hose to get bast a sag in the current fill hose. If you search this forum you will find several posts about the sag in the gravity feed line and trouble filling the tank.
Is combining hot and cold into one drain something new?? I'm confused. How does this work?
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 10:36 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
Is combining hot and cold into one drain something new?? I'm confused. How does this work?
It's only combined when the water heater is in bypass, for winterizing.
2017 Ford Fiesta toad
Bill and Gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 10:38 AM   #12

Our Sunseeker 3100 shower drain pipe leaked. I tightened the connection and had no more leak. Access to it was through a screw-in scuttle hole like the one on the bottom of the holding tank drain compartment.
Old 02-07-2019, 10:39 AM   #13

My post was in response to Portcitythrift's post about leaking shower.
Old 02-08-2019, 05:14 PM   #14

in hot water

The only reason I can see for the red H/W drain to use a cap is to prevent the mistake of dumping hw with the element on, hease burn out. But iIf you loose / break the red drain cap you will need to bypass the H/W heater to keep water pressure.. Just add a valve...

Tags
saunseeker, sunseeker