Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2014, 07:20 PM   #1

2015 Sunseeker 3010DS - Shakedown Cruise Results

We took delivery in May and have now had the chance to complete 3 short "shakedown" trips. The purpose being to thoroughly go over and use every piece, part, system, and item onboard to be sure all is working as expected before taking longer trips.

Since we often only hear about the real lemons and major problems, I thought it may be interesting to report back that, so far, our experiences and results have been positive! No major issues....of course, now I probably just jinxed myself

So, yes, there were a few minor issues that I am working on but if we don't have anymore than this, I will consider us blessed!

1. This one freaked me out a little....on our trip home from the dealer we noticed that the thin strip of carpet between the cab and the coach was soaking wet (of course missed it at PDI). After numerous unsuccessful attempts to re-create the problem (spraying water on top, underneath, spraying water on slide, driving in rain, etc)...I am thinking it is one of two things...a) Slides were soaking wet when brought in at the dealer...so maybe water just ran down. or (b) dealer did wash the tile floor just before we left and got it wet. At least I hope that is what it was! Will keep watching to be sure.

2. Most of the time cannot get the fresh water gravity fill to work...water just fills up the hose but won't go into the tank. Suspect it is a pinched or overly long vent line but haven't had time to dig deeper. As luck would have it, it didn't act this way at the PDI.

3. Outside shower leaks badly when turned on, but not when off. Looks like the hose is just not tight but haven't been able to get it tighter. Again, should have caught at PDI but I just plain missed checking it.

4. Low point water drain leaks (hot side). Result is that the system slowly loses pressure over time and when pump is on, it will cycle every 30 mins or so. Should be a simple fix I hope. Missed at PDI because it was raining and didn't notice the small drip underneath

But, that is all...nuisance items to be sure and I wish I didn't have to mess with them but all should be simple fixes. So, hopefully, we have a "good one"!!
jrwalkerpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:25 PM   #2

Hope that is all the items you have to deal with As for the water fill,try blowing air into the vent opening ( the small hole at the fill area) what happens sometimes is water gets into the vent tube and makes a water dam that the escaping air can't get by, so the air that is trying to get out as you fill, bubbles up the main fill line and prevents you from filling
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 03:44 PM   #3

I had a few hours to look into things today in more detail and, as I had hoped, all three of the fresh water related issues were simple fixes...

1. Gravity fill not working...the vent line was simply hanging down below the fill line. I lifted it up, heard a rushing sound and things started to flow. Water in the loop of the vent line was acting as a trap and not letting air out. To (hopefully) fix it for good, I used some wire ties to keep the vent line up higher

2. Leaking low point drain...turns out it was only finger tight (barely)...tightened it 1 turn and all good..no more leak and pump no longer cycles every 20 min due to pressure loss

3. Outside shower leak...again it was just finger tight...a few turns and it seems fine...
Old 06-17-2014, 07:22 AM   #4

JR, on the wet carpet, when the slide came in sometimes
the rubber is not 100% sealed and maybe water ran
inside. Just a thought

Phelpo
phelpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 08:20 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelpo View Post
JR, on the wet carpet, when the slide came in sometimes
the rubber is not 100% sealed and maybe water ran
inside. Just a thought

Phelpo
Yes, that is very possibly what it was....it was sitting outside at the dealer's lot with slides out in pouring rain for 3 days and they brought the slides in soaking wet...since it hasn't happened again I am hoping that is the cause...I will be watching closely anytime it's in the rain..

Tags
sunseeker