Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2020, 09:14 AM   #21
2012 Solera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Brown View Post
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes what you say does but that's not what he said lol..he's talking about the awning not a pole. I do the same as you. Thanks!

Bob Brown

Forest River Sunseeker 3170ds
I read “awning pull down road” as likely intended to mean “awning pull down rod”, which I interpreted to be a readily available pole, not something attached to the awning.
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 09:18 AM   #22

Sorry, autocorrect changed rod to road. Dealers advice to unfold any slideout wiper seals which failed to fully deploy was to take the awning pull down rod (used by those of us without power awnings) and run the end of the rod, which has a short 90 degree "arm", up and down the slide out under the wiper seal.

Hope this helps!

Sometimes I must also use my intuition and knowledge to decipher posts. I do try to proof read mine but sometimes, well, you know.

Chris
Mohawk Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring
2013 AWD Acadia Denali, Blue Ox Equipped
ChrisParise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 12:23 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
I suspect it doesn't "click" is because it is not supposed to. The two slides you have work in totally separate ways. I am not very familiar with Schwintech slides as I don't have one on my rig. I have read numerous threads about people that have issues with them and possible solution (like holding the button to "synchronize " both sides.)

Well since you don’t have a Schwintech I don’t expect you to know anything about them.
I was just wondering why mine doesn’t allow me to hold the button for synchronization. Like I said earlier the power shuts down immediately upon full extension and retraction. All the threads I’ve read mentions a clicking sound after full motion and to hold the button and count to 5 but I can’t since no more power going to the motors.
Old 07-09-2020, 07:27 PM   #24

Yeah, sorry. Don't know. Just because you don't hear a noise does not mean that you are not doing the right process.
ActionJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 08:56 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoubelle View Post
Well since you don’t have a Schwintech I don’t expect you to know anything about them.
I was just wondering why mine doesn’t allow me to hold the button for synchronization. Like I said earlier the power shuts down immediately upon full extension and retraction. All the threads I’ve read mentions a clicking sound after full motion and to hold the button and count to 5 but I can’t since no more power going to the motors.
The swintek in the bedroom does not make a clicking sound, it just goes quite, you then hold the button for 5 second. The main slide is a different type, it makes a clicking sound, you do not hold this button down after the clicking starts.
2017 Ford Fiesta toad
Bill and Gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 01:51 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill and Gail View Post
The swintek in the bedroom does not make a clicking sound, it just goes quite, you then hold the button for 5 second. The main slide is a different type, it makes a clicking sound, you do not hold this button down after the clicking starts.

So even though it doesn’t make a sound and appears that no more power is going to the motors, there actually is still power for synchronization?
Old 07-10-2020, 05:11 PM   #27

All,

A great resource on rving is that Google machine on your device.

I dont have the slide mechanism in question but here's a link to Camping World on how it works and troubleshooting.

Hope this helps.

Chris

https://blog.campingworld.com/rv-bas...ng-you-can-do/
Old 07-10-2020, 06:05 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by parise View Post
All,

A great resource on rving is that Google machine on your device.

I dont have the slide mechanism in question but here's a link to Camping World on how it works and troubleshooting.

Hope this helps.

Chris

https://blog.campingworld.com/rv-bas...ng-you-can-do/

Thanks, I’ve seen that before but it still doesn’t answer why there isn’t any sound when holding the button for a few seconds. It’s like there is no power going to the motors once the slide movement is complete.
Old 07-10-2020, 09:04 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoubelle View Post
So even though it doesn’t make a sound and appears that no more power is going to the motors, there actually is still power for synchronization?
Yes, that is how it maintains it's stop points. If it goes out of sync, there is a simple procedure for syncing.
2017 Ford Fiesta toad
Bill and Gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 10:04 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill and Gail View Post
Yes, that is how it maintains it's stop points. If it goes out of sync, there is a simple procedure for syncing.

Thanks, that’s what I wanted confirmed. [emoji106]
Old 07-23-2020, 06:39 PM   #31

Watch this video, it helped me with a similar issue. https://youtu.be/hSafAnjxIV4
Ian T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 02:34 AM   #32
Senior Gold Member

Awning pull down rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Brown View Post
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi there!

I've read his advice on wipers 3 x and I don't understand what he is saying? Run what up and down the slide? Take the awning pull down road? What does that mean? Sorry but it doesn't make sense to me what his advice is?

Thanks!

Bob Brown

2013 Forest River Sunseeker ds3170
I believe he is suggesting using the awning pull down rod to pull the wiper out if it twists
rthomaslyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 08:23 AM   #33
Certified Curmudgeon

Aging

Quote:
Originally Posted by rthomaslyons View Post
I believe he is suggesting using the awning pull down rod to pull the wiper out if it twists
Awning rods are like analog clocks and dial phones. Only geezers know what they are.
Old 07-24-2020, 08:33 AM   #34
Commercial Member

I strongly recommend taking to a service center, but you can check the adjusting bolts underneath the slide room rams. If they are loose it can cause the room to slightly move.
karykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 09:32 AM   #35

Duckogram,

This is the guy you are calling a geezer. The forum is not for insulting or name calling.

My service manager is the one suggesting using an awning pull down rod. I passed it along to help a member.

Chris
Old 07-24-2020, 10:33 AM   #36

geezer

I must be a geezer. I knew right away that "awning pull down road" actually meant "awning pull down rod".
pt35cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 11:56 AM   #37
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by parise View Post
Duckogram,

This is the guy you are calling a geezer. The forum is not for insulting or name calling.

My service manager is the one suggesting using an awning pull down rod. I passed it along to help a member.

Chris
Im sorry you took my comment personally and out of context. With the subject “Aging” and reading the posts my point was that newer units and younger RV’ers might not know what is being said. Additionally, one probably would not have an awning rod unless they had a manual awning which is becoming scarce these days.
So again I’m sorry for the misunderstanding.

I suggest that you click on my name and add me to your ignore list so as to avoid
future misinterpretation of my dry humor. I will be doing the same so this ends here.
Old 07-24-2020, 12:18 PM   #38
Certified Curmudgeon

Usage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt35cruiser View Post
I must be a geezer. I knew right away that "awning pull down road" actually meant "awning pull down rod".
Me too. I use the term to simply describe an old man as opposed to a Crotchety Codger.

Now back to the issue. I had a large slideout on my Class A that gave me fits.
Part of the problem was that normal driving on our fine highways combined with
braking, would cause the slide to shift forward over time. I could realign it temporarily by extending the slide with the nose of the RV elevated. I found a more permanent fix by gluing a few hard rubber blocks on the frame to reduce the forward movement significantly when the slide was in. YMMV
Old 12-11-2020, 10:57 AM   #39
Chief tinkerer

2016 Sunseeker 3010 DS Driver Side Slideout

Following up. We have the same problem and have been following in "Forest River Forums > Forest River Tech Talk > General Tech and Repair > Slide Outs" section. After 3 years of part time use our driver side slideout is chewing into the seals on the forward upper corner. This is an Above Floor slide.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ut-185295.html

2017 SunSeeker 3010DS
Gidyupgo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, sunseeker