Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2018, 09:52 AM   #1

2017 3011DS window screens

I'm in the middle of tinting my 3011 and need to know how to remove the screens from the side widows (Over dinette and recliners). They have a very sturdy frame and I can't see how to get them out to tint the window.

Thanks.
1FastSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 07:00 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastSS View Post
I'm in the middle of tinting my 3011 and need to know how to remove the screens from the side widows (Over dinette and recliners). They have a very sturdy frame and I can't see how to get them out to tint the window.

Thanks.
Very good question! After some very hot weather while traveling this summer I am thinking of doing the window tinting myself before next season.
newRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 09:53 PM   #3

I tinted my windows awhile back and had to take the screens out. I just put some pressure on the screen till they curved a little and they popped out. Same thing when putting them back in. Not sure if there’s a better way of doing it, but that worked and no damage to the screens or tracks.
carol108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 09:48 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastSS View Post

Thanks.
I had my windows tinted. The installer didn't want the liability of removing the screens.

I used an expired credit card at the end of the track and once I got the end of the screen started out of the track it slid right out.

To reinstall, use the card the same way to start them back into the track.

Hope that helps.
Old 09-28-2018, 12:35 PM   #5

2X
2014 Forester 3051s
2013 Fiat 500 Sport
Workin on my Curmudgeon badge
rapiniii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 07:12 PM   #6
Chief tinkerer

1fast$$, I tinted mine. The screens will bow enough to get them out of the tracks. You want to use something thin and wide so you are prying over a wide area across the bottom. I used a cement trowel, but a drywall tool would work too.
Warner 14" ProGrip Blue Steel Drywall Taping Knife, Soft Grip Handle, 10879 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017Z70WDU..._SARSBb0R0QBCD

2017 SunSeeker 3010DS
Gidyupgo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forester, window