Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2018, 05:26 PM   #1

2017 Forester 3051 - Under Kitchen Sink

Hi, The space under the kitchen space is very roomy and I feel I waste space. Does anyone have any mod pics that they can post, so I can get an idea? I mostly store pots and pans and mixing bowls under there. TYIA (thank you in advance)
nvrsaynvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 06:01 PM   #2

We keep all the inside cleaning stuff under there. Have a couple wicker jacket things with sections to put them in. Also keep the paper towels etc down there while traveling along with extras.

Ours is in storage but I’ll get some pics next time out.
Old 02-06-2018, 06:09 PM   #3

Thanks! I keep most of the cleaning supplies under the bathroom sink. I wonder if anyone has any portable shelf ideas for under the kitchen sink. I wonder if this would work, if I can get it to stay with command hooks. (hubby doesnt like to drill into the RV walls)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	148
Size:	582.7 KB
ID:	161876  
Old 02-06-2018, 06:21 PM   #4

ours is just like the one at home. cleaning supplies, cat food and litter.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 07:32 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvrsaynvr View Post
Thanks! I keep most of the cleaning supplies under the bathroom sink. I wonder if anyone has any portable shelf ideas for under the kitchen sink. I wonder if this would work, if I can get it to stay with command hooks. (hubby doesnt like to drill into the RV walls)

Nope, no drills here either. Command strips work great in ours [emoji3]

Of course now that I asked the DW what all she had under there and why I was asking now I have another spring project to put some king of shelves in there.

We don’t have the oven so our pots / pans go in the deep drawer there.
Old 02-06-2018, 08:14 PM   #6

Lol, we all seem to use the provided spaces for the same things!
We keep indoor cleaning supplies, and a collapsible drain tray under the sink plus a toaster oven that I thought I would use more often. With the jockeying for amps while using the microwave I've found its easier to make toast in the frying pan.
The normal sized pots and pans go in the drawer under the stovetop.
I considered shelving under the sink but decided it would limit my options so I'm just using a couple of organizers to keep things in place. No drilling holes here either unless absolutely necessary.
Old 02-06-2018, 08:25 PM   #7

My husband is basically the bartender of all of our friends, so we use the drawer under the stove for his bartending tools. We also have a few deep pots and large frying pans and a lot of serving bowls because we usually cook large meals for a lot of people. Spaghetti, chili, etc. We have a lot of pans actually. Even though we downsized and quite a few party platter trays, so we need to use the space under the sink. I need some kind of shelving, because the whole top of cupboard is a waste of space not being used. If I can figure out how to put shelving in there without drilling, that would be wonderful!
Old 02-06-2018, 08:36 PM   #8

I use thin plywood sides command stripped to the side walls of the cabinet. I then place the shelf on top of the two side pieces. I have done this under the sink, medicine cabinet, wider cabinets over the previous rig TV.

Luan comes in small sheets at home Depot.
2011 Starcraft 392BHUw/Andersen No-Sway

chaps2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 08:38 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjlakatos View Post
I use thin plywood sides command stripped to the side walls of the cabinet. I then place the shelf on top of the two side pieces. I have done this under the sink, medicine cabinet, wider cabinets over the previous rig TV.
I think I know what youre saying. Do you have pics?
Old 02-07-2018, 09:08 AM   #10
Site Team

We used one of these organizers in our GTS. Very adjustable to get around plumbing and it worked well...
Old 02-07-2018, 10:39 AM   #11

Thanks!! I was looking at that shelf organizer too. I need to take a better look at under the sink to see if it fits well enough and sturdy enough so it isn't rocking around when driving.
Old 02-07-2018, 12:51 PM   #12
Site Team

Being able to move the modules around made it a breeze to fit in around the plumbing. Ours didn't rock or make a racket, my wife loaded all the bulky / heavy kitchen appliances on it.
Old 02-07-2018, 04:29 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvrsaynvr View Post

For a stationary application, this fry pan shelf is good. But, I see two problems trying to use this in an RV: First, it appears the pans are on individual shelves and there is nothing holding the pans in place. They would clatter off on the first turn. Second, the cabinetry is very thin and the shelf would either come loose or bow the panel.
PenJoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 04:36 PM   #14

I thought the same thing about the paneling I usually wrap my pots and pans and anything that rattles in bubble wrap of dish wrap (like the wrap that you put you dishes in when you move). The stability is my issue. Just read on another post that someone puts them in very tall plastic bins and slides them under. I am going to the hardware store and check if I can find any containers that are tall and "slim".
Old 02-07-2018, 10:09 PM   #15

My wife found a great adjustable under sink shelf/drawer unit at The Container Store. She is very happy with it.
Jim-LP240FS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 10:36 AM   #16

Under sink shelf and light

I placed an "L" shaped piece of plywood on 1 x 2 sticks with nails down from the top. Works great, needs center support.

The two lights are controlled by a door switch from ACE hardware. Tapped power from the propane alarm. The lights come from https://www.allelectronics.com/item/...e-strip/1.html and they're great. Also a great source for other LEDs and stuff. I've used several others, some in red for night lights (under the refrig & at the steps and toilet) and for bed reading lamps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2344.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	312.6 KB
ID:	162392  
Jim or Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 10:42 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim or Cathy View Post
I placed an "L" shaped piece of plywood on 1 x 2 sticks with nails down from the top. Works great, needs center support.

The two lights are controlled by a door switch from ACE hardware. Tapped power from the propane alarm. The lights come from https://www.allelectronics.com/item/...e-strip/1.html and they're great. Also a great source for other LEDs and stuff. I've used several others, some in red for night lights (under the refrig & at the steps and toilet) and for bed reading lamps.
Thanks for the link. I may try these.
Old 02-15-2018, 12:31 AM   #18

Interesting to see all the ideas and what people put under the sink. Every other camper has had a very tiny area under the sink. This one we use to hold all the big stuff like coffee pot, blender, electric heater in winter, toaster & cutting boards & trays, small tote of cleaning products and dish soap. After we set up camp and get the coffee pot out, I have lots of room to stash stuff.

Where does everyone store their coffee pot when moving? I thought I found the perfect spot and I didn't see anyone who used it for that. The things you learn.
Old 02-17-2018, 12:01 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim or Cathy View Post

You win. This may be the best idea I have seen. My drain pipe goes diagonally to the left. It will be interesting to see if I ca adapt this to my 2801.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forester, 305, sink