Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2017, 09:36 PM   #1

2017 Forester 3171DS Questions

1) the lighting control has on/off for "scare light". What is that? ( It is not the stair light.)
2) where would I store a broom and a Swifter® mop inside the unit? (This reinforces my belief that the folks who design these motor homes never used one.)
Jim Sinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 12:17 AM   #2
Retired and Loving Life!

Send a message via MSN to Alan F
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Sinsky View Post
1) the lighting control has on/off for "scare light". What is that? ( It is not the stair light.)

2) where would I store a broom and a Swifter[emoji768] mop inside the unit? (This reinforces my belief that the folks who design these motor homes never used one.)

The "scare light" is the driver's side rear outside light. It is in the neighborhood of the sewer hook up stowage compartment, but near the top of the Motorhome. I use it to illuminate that side of the Motorhome if I am working outside after dark for some reason. It may be called. "Scare light" so you can turn it on to scare someone away, but that is conjecture. Whatever the purpose, this is where it is located. It is also an annoyance to neighbors if you mistakenly leave it on at night . . . so I have been told.

I toss my broom and dustpan in the cab over bunk. You are correct, there really isn't any where to keep it stored.

Hope this helps.

[ATTACH]141193[/ATTACH
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1497331036.565538.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	532.5 KB
ID:	141193  
Alan F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 10:37 AM   #3

Thanks fir the quick answer. Does your unit have the removable tablet control panel or the fixed pad?
Jim Sinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 11:46 AM   #4
Retired and Loving Life!

Mine has the fixed pad. I also downloaded the app for my iPhone and control most things Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0183.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	239.6 KB
ID:	141245from there. Much easier. Be aware that many of the units, including mine, have a defective hours meter for the generator. On the Pad, when you bring up the generator controls, the hours should be located top center. Mine got stuck on 17 hours. If yours does this as well, you will need to contact Lippert customer service and they will send you a replacement part. We took delivery of our in October and have logged over 6,500 on several trips. However I can be helpful, feel free to contact me. Happy camping!
Old 06-13-2017, 12:13 PM   #5

Mine also shows the 17 hour error. Thanks.
Old 06-13-2017, 12:42 PM   #6
Retired and Loving Life!

It is a defective Generator Genie. Contact Lippert. They will need some information from you, and then should send you a new one. Mine is located behind the back panel in the cabinet over the refrigerator. I had to contact Forest River to find the location. The back panel in that cabinet is held in place by four corner screws. Take them out, remove the panel, and you will see the box you need to replace. Just disconnect the wires and install the new one. Good luck.

Tags
forester