Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2022, 05:18 PM   #1

2018 3050s Water connections

Good evening All,

New to the RV arena. bought this RV and have had to use it boondocking however, never hooked up to city water. In my side bin where the sewer drain is there are 2 hose connections NOT labeled. What are these 2 connections?

The only outside connection I have is to fill the tank. I want to winterize by blowing the lines out and not filling with anti-freeze.

Thank you for any help. I have been trying to also find out how I can convert to a composting toilet and remove the black tank for more FW storage.

Thank you,
T
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3050s_water.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	221.4 KB
ID:	279792  
LocoSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 05:55 PM   #2
Certified Curmudgeon

Cassette or 8 Track

One is the black tank flush and the other is your city water connection. Follow the hoses. Are you sure you have an outside connection to fill the tank? or is is a gravity fill port with a cap on the Door Side (Passenger)?
Old 09-27-2022, 06:58 PM   #3

The only outside fill is the gravity feed, which is on the passenger side. The photo submitted is what I have and that is from the driver side. Zero stickers and the manual that I found is of no help on what is what. One may assume the left is black water flush since black pull handle is on the left.
LocoSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 08:55 PM   #4

One of these fittings is the city water inlet. The other is the black tank flush fitting. Since they are not labeled, you will either need to follow the plumbing (which could be very difficult) or experiment by connecting a water hose to determine which is which, and then label them for future reference.

That the black water dump handle is on the left or right is meaningless. These are RVs built in the USA. Logic may not apply.

Winterizing by blowing out the water with air is what I do. In fact, you’ll want to blow out using both of these connections. For the black tank flush, you’ll want to be sure there is no water in the line, in case the factory routed the pipe with a low spot in it. For the rest of the plumbing, you’ll know when you’re blowing air through the city water connection because water and air will blow out of your faucets (when opened).
Old 09-27-2022, 09:01 PM   #5

I’ll go with duckogram. Black tank flush and city water connection.

Edit: and behind bars.
Old 09-27-2022, 11:16 PM   #6

My vote is one is black tank flush and the other is city water inlet.
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 07:25 AM   #7
Commercial Member

thank you members

black tank flush and fresh water tank inlet
karykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 07:41 AM   #8

If they are the city water/black tank flush ports pull the screened washers and the one without a check valve (open input) is the black tank flush port. Or just apply water pressure to find out which is which.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 07:48 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by karykatz View Post
thank you members

black tank flush and fresh water tank inlet
Can you help the OP identify which is which? On my 2020 SS, the city water inlet is on the right. Would that be the same on the OP’s model?
Old 09-28-2022, 08:46 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindBars View Post
Can you help the OP identify which is which? On my 2020 SS, the city water inlet is on the right. Would that be the same on the OP’s model?
My 3011 is the same. Black tank flush on left and city water on right.
Old 09-28-2022, 09:11 AM   #11
Kanadian Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
If they are the city water/black tank flush ports pull the screened washers and the one without a check valve (open input) is the black tank flush port. Or just apply water pressure to find out which is which.
I have to agree with Bubbles.
Why not just attach a hose to one, and then go inside and see if the taps or shower provide water flow? Seems like a no brainer, then apply your own label.

On the other connector, without leaving it running too long, the black tank flush connector will inevitably cause the LED readings for the black tank to increase.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
305, 3050s, water, water connection