Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2022, 04:49 PM   #1

2019 Forester 2861DS Slide Problem.

HI again everyone, I have a problem with my main slide. About a month ago I went to close it leaving our camp site and it closed about 6 inches and stopped. I made the clicking sound it does when the slide is fully opened or closed. I put it back out and tried again and it closed as usual. I got home and it opened fine. A week later I went to close it and it did the same thing but this time it wouldn't close. My neighbor came up and as I closed it he rocked the slide from outside and it closed. However, as it closed it made a loud banging noise about 3 or 4 times as it closed. I haven't opened it since. I had it check out and supposedly it a bad gear. The tech also said it was dry in there. I'm not sure what model Lippert it is but it is a floor mount and there are 3 slide rails on the bottom of the slide. Where can I find the model number of the slide? My question is, Does anyone know where I can get a manual or something to show the lubrication points are on the slide? Also for the Bed slide which has a different set up. Once this is repaired I want to make sure it doesn't happen again. Fortunately we can still use the camper even though it's inconvenient loosing the extra room by the dinette and no access to the silverware drawers. This is a lesson learned the hard way. Thanks for any info you all can give me. Everyone has been a great help here.
sonofabeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 11:26 PM   #2

https://forestriverinc.help/#/forest...2019/motorhome

You can find all the manuals here. Hope this helps!
Old 08-12-2022, 05:10 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeguy010 View Post
https://forestriverinc.help/#/forest...2019/motorhome

You can find all the manuals here. Hope this helps!
Thanks for the link. It's a great help. Ordered what I need Then it's repair time.
sonofabeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 06:28 PM   #4

My slide out came in half way and stopped and did that same clicking thing. I took the battery to get tested advance auto parts and they said it was short on amperage. I bought a new battery ( hopefully the right one) and nothing changed. I looked at the gears on the outside of the frame rails and they looked ok. The slide was out for a week or to and I didn't take the time to level it. Any ideas? Could I have twisted the side frame?
trd22783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 07:05 PM   #5

2019 Forester 2861DS Slide Problem.

My recommendation is to never run the slides on battery. I only move my slides when I am on shore power, or I use the onboard generator.

2021 Jayco Class C model 27U
5er_tom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, forester