Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2020, 07:32 AM   #1

2019 wall bubbles

well my 2500ts showed up with a 6inch bubble on the inside wallpaper near the passenger side rear bedroom wall.This became apparent in Florida this winter, and since back home we have been hanging at home avoiding
covid, now finally got the coach in and the dealer called and found the leak and fixed that ( unsealed wiring access in a awning speaker exit ). He suggested a interior wall replacement .How difficult is that for a experienced tech. Is it possible for the panel to look good as new??
Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 09:51 AM   #2

experienced Tech's can replace interior sections that do look as good as new. Is it really required that the entire wall be replaced?
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 05:52 PM   #3

I don't know if its a big deal, its a 6inch long bubble in the wallpaper, I would think replace the small section or even just peel up the paper fix the wood area and put some new paper over it, but I'm a doctor , and can patch up a body but not this complicated stuff!!It seems to me that all the corners and seams and window cutouts would be a lot of work??. I could just hand a picture over it and forgetaboutit...
Old 05-17-2020, 06:04 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuda View Post
I could just hand a picture over it and forgetaboutit...
That might be the easiest solution.
It's going to depend on if the material behind that bubble is still there or the glue has just been destroyed. If it's just the glue, you could cut an x in the material using and exacto knife, put glue behind the bubble and press the material down.
The dealer might have suggested a wall replacement because they are worried about the water having done more damage and/or causing mold in the wall.
It's not going to hurt to cut into that bubble and see what's back there.
Old 05-17-2020, 06:14 PM   #5

The dealers have it now and will talk to Mother ship and then let me know their proposed plans.Then I need to decide to do it or bail. I suppose the best plan is to get it repaired, and I hope it's under warranty ,but one never knows on that stuff.What would one guess is the turn around time on a job like this. I want to camp soon , I need a covid escape.
Old 06-12-2020, 06:05 PM   #6

Cuda,
Curious what happened?

I had a leak in my sidewall a few years ago. After the dealer fixed the root cause I had them repair the inside wall. They let it all dry out after removing any damaged insulation, etc, and treated the inside to prevent mold. A few square feet were involved to the side and below a cab over window and then a vertical piece behind the driver seat in front of the living room slide - in close proximity to the cab over window.

Cant really tell it was repaired. Same color and shade of wall board.

Glad I had it done. That was in 2017. Everything is still fine.

Chris
Mohawk Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring
2013 AWD Acadia Denali, Blue Ox Equipped
ChrisParise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 05:48 AM   #7

The dealer will get it repaired but due to covid and factory situations, they said it will take several months to get the wall material and the covering to replace the entire wall area. I went back and picked up the rig ,so we can use it.I will take it back in the fall, and they said its logged in the system and will be warranty work. They fixed the root cause, a leak under the awning rail where the wires exit, was not sealed and let water in there.We just drove 1200miles thru heavy rain and no more bubbles or worsening.
Old 06-13-2020, 07:30 AM   #8

Thank you for the update.

Enjoy your season and stay safe.

Chris
Mohawk Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring
2013 AWD Acadia Denali, Blue Ox Equipped
ChrisParise is offline   Reply With Quote