Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2020, 07:27 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
I’m staying away from any new engine introduced by Ford. Y’all do remember the total fiasco the “all new” diesel engines were.
OMG do I. I worked for a Ford dealer at that time what a nightmare
ncatva500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 08:16 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncatva500 View Post
Here the fridge
WD282FWDC Everchill Refrigerator Frost Free - Double Door - 10 Cubic Feet - 12V DC at 60 Hz Rated current: 2.5 amps.

The 3010 DS that I'm looking at has a 100 w panel on the roof factory set up with the pre-wire sidewall port for an extra suitcase panel. Here the unit's sheet
the model we are looking at has a large four door fridge but cant find any info on model, will have to go take a pic tomorrow its a 12 cu ft model in a 3040ds coach
Old 06-09-2020, 09:09 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerboatr View Post
the model we are looking at has a large four door fridge but cant find any info on model, will have to go take a pic tomorrow its a 12 cu ft model in a 3040ds coach
I would really be interested in knowing what it has.

Because if you go to the forest river site it shows 10cu 12v . https://forestriverinc.com/rvs/class...8#lg=1&slide=0

But if I goto RVusa it shows that it has a 2way gas/elect https://www.rvusa.com/rv-guide/2019-...3040ds-tr40264

Now, this is on the model you are looking at its a very nice unit my thing with it was the fold-up master bed. My issues with them are if traveling and you want to just pull off someplace and get some sleep you have to open up the bedroom slide and depending on where you pull in you may not be able to do so.
Old 06-09-2020, 10:23 PM   #24

Quote:

Because if you go to the forest river site it shows 10cu 12v . https://forestriverinc.com/rvs/class...8#lg=1&slide=0

But if I goto RVusa it shows that it has a 2way gas/elect https://www.rvusa.com/rv-guide/2019-...3040ds-tr40264

Now, this is on the model you are looking at its a very nice unit my thing with it was the fold-up master bed. My issues with them are if traveling and you want to just pull off someplace and get some sleep you have to open up the bedroom slide and depending on where you pull in you may not be able to do so.
i copied a pic from dealers website, and yes FR website makes no mention of this four door fridge but its on the msrp sheet
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	unit_photo_201908080822387217256398.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	231166   Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-06-09.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	194.5 KB
ID:	231167  
Old 06-10-2020, 06:16 AM   #25

Quote:
i copied a pic from dealers website, and yes FR website makes no mention of this four door fridge but its on the msrp sheet
That certainly looks like a Dometic model R1350. It is a 120 volt ac OR propane model. Good unit except for the door handles which seem to fail a lot.
Old 06-10-2020, 06:55 AM   #26

Quote:

The standard refrigerator for a 2019 Sunseeker classic is a gas/120 volt absorption model. Early 2020 Sunseeker classics, (built summer 2019) used the same. From my observations, around September 2019, the 2020 interiors switched over to the “real” 2020 version, which included the changeover to the 12 volt compressor type refrigerator as standard.
Old 06-10-2020, 07:11 AM   #27

Quote:
Looking at a 2019 Sunseeker brochure, they list an optional 12 cu ft four door refrigerator. If you look at a 2020 brochure, that option no longer exists.

I’m thinking that since the standard refrigerator went from 6 to 10 cu feet, maybe they dropped the optional 12 cu feet model for 2020. I looks to me like FR went all in with elimination of the absorption refrigerators on classic Sunseekers. They have removed the outside refrigerator wall and roof vents. They also eliminated the through wall range hood vent fan, so they have eliminated 3 outer shell penetrations.

While I personally can see both pros and cons to the new 12 volt refrigerator, my guess is the changeover was for overall cost savings.
Old 06-10-2020, 09:19 AM   #28

Quote:
Here the fridge
WD282FWDC Everchill Refrigerator Frost Free - Double Door - 10 Cubic Feet - 12V DC at 60 Hz Rated current: 2.5 amps.

If you look at the label on this WD282FWDC refrigerator model, it shows a 12 volt DC input which goes to an inverter supplying the compressor. It appears the compressor itself runs on AC from the refrigerator's internal inverter. Nonetheless, the power requirement to the refrigerator from the RV is DC 12 volts. The 60 Hz rating from the source you quoted is totally meaningless for a DC power requirement.

Note that the rated current on the label is 11 amps. The 2.5 amp rating often cited in discussions could be the average current use after the refrigerator is cooled down.

One absolutely stupid aspect of this refrigerator as it is installed by Forest River, is that it has no on-off switch. Plan on installing you own switch or disconnect method if you end up buying a unit with this refrigerator.

This photo was taken by me of a 2020 Sunseeker at a local dealer.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	B79CBE03-A0D1-49C4-9E4C-AC3293F0786B.jpeg
Views:	66
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	231191  
Old 06-10-2020, 09:41 AM   #29

I’m becoming less and less enthusiastic about the switchover to the compressor refrigerators. My initial thought was, cool, don’t have to worry about level so much and I can run it going down the road without LP. But now I am trying to calculate my solar needs for boondocking.
Old 06-10-2020, 10:06 AM   #30
Citrus County, Fl.

All the more reason to hang on to my 2016.
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 02:32 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindBars View Post
Looking at a 2019 Sunseeker brochure, they list an optional 12 cu ft four door refrigerator. If you look at a 2020 brochure, that option no longer exists.

I’m thinking that since the standard refrigerator went from 6 to 10 cu feet, maybe they dropped the optional 12 cu feet model for 2020. I looks to me like FR went all in with elimination of the absorption refrigerators on classic Sunseekers. They have removed the outside refrigerator wall and roof vents. They also eliminated the through wall range hood vent fan, so they have eliminated 3 outer shell penetrations.

While I personally can see both pros and cons to the new 12 volt refrigerator, my guess is the changeover was for overall cost savings.
this one we are eyeballing has the wall vent for the lp/elect fridge similar to what we had in our current coach. we have a samsung residential now and it only pulls 4 amps of a/c power under full load and lots of frozen ice cream, our previous unit never kept ice cream firm.

so i am thinking this must be a 2019 to 2020 change over unit, ?? might be why is has a such a huge discount

MSRP: $112,881
26% OFF
Dealer Disc: $29,886
Sale: $82,995
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	unit_photo_201908080822142643608829.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	231217   Click image for larger version

Name:	unit_photo_201908080822169859229357.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	231218  
Old 06-10-2020, 03:51 PM   #32

Quote:
this one we are eyeballing has the wall vent for the lp/elect fridge similar to what we had in our current coach. we have a samsung residential now and it only pulls 4 amps of a/c power under full load and lots of frozen ice cream, our previous unit never kept ice cream firm.

so i am thinking this must be a 2019 to 2020 change over unit, ?? might be why is has a such a huge discount

MSRP: $112,881
26% OFF
Dealer Disc: $29,886
Sale: $82,995
Yep, if it’s a 2020 but has the LP fridge, it was an early 2020 model. Interior wood and wall colors probably still look like the 2019s, too.

For my 2020 2440DS, the 2020 “improvements” they made just after mine was built was they took away the vented range hood, took away the oven, made the drawer below the range where we put pans smaller, switched to the 12 volt ‘fridge, reduced the number of ceiling lights by almost half, took away the ability to play disks in the house radio, and went to a cheaper kitchen faucet. I’m glad we got ours before those changes. However, they did start putting Hellwig rear sway bar and Bilstein shocks on after ours was made, so I had to add those myself.

26% off is not a “huge” discount. It’s not even a really good discount in the RV world. It looks like a typical advertised discount before negotiations.
Old 06-10-2020, 09:42 PM   #33

Quote:
Yep, if it’s a 2020 but has the LP fridge, it was an early 2020 model. Interior wood and wall colors probably still look like the 2019s, too.

For my 2020 2440DS, the 2020 “improvements” they made just after mine was built was they took away the vented range hood, took away the oven, made the drawer below the range where we put pans smaller, switched to the 12 volt ‘fridge, reduced the number of ceiling lights by almost half, took away the ability to play disks in the house radio, and went to a cheaper kitchen faucet. I’m glad we got ours before those changes. However, they did start putting Hellwig rear sway bar and Bilstein shocks on after ours was made, so I had to add those myself.

26% off is not a “huge” discount. It’s not even a really good discount in the RV world. It looks like a typical advertised discount before negotiations.
THANKS
it does have the hellwig and air bags plus the bilsteins, its funny
back when thor bought out Damon, there were lots of chassis that were unused and already paid for, so for 2010 all the tuscanys got the upgraded 425 engine vice the 350 hp, because these chassis were for the ESSENCE, but since they stopped production the upgraded chassis needed a home, so the THOR first run tuscanys got the 425 hp engine. with no other changes.
i bet this is or was happening with the switch from 19s to 20s ,
i was thinking after i did more looking that they could come down another 10k, if so i could trade my bus and have zero payments

really not sure about the 1.3 cu ft little convection oven..i like our ge advantium, its the CATS meow,
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	advantium  (2).jpg
Views:	53
Size:	316.6 KB
ID:	231249  
Old 06-12-2020, 07:48 AM   #34
Commercial Member

thank you for your interest in our coach. the new 10Cu fridge is 12 volt and once it is fully cooled down it pulls very little power. we have tested with our standard two house batteries and it will run for a day and a half without recharging the batteries. the 110 Watt solar panel will trickle charge your batteries and you should have very few issues, but if you want to add another panel it can easily be done at the dealer level.

I hope this helps and hope to have you join the FR Family
karykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 08:24 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by karykatz View Post
thank you for your interest in our coach. the new 10Cu fridge is 12 volt and once it is fully cooled down it pulls very little power. we have tested with our standard two house batteries and it will run for a day and a half without recharging the batteries. the 110 Watt solar panel will trickle charge your batteries and you should have very few issues, but if you want to add another panel it can easily be done at the dealer level.

I have seen different numbers floating around, but since you have tested real world, what would you say is a safe daily Ah for someone to use in calculating? Assuming the fridge is pre cooled.
Old 06-13-2020, 01:20 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by karykatz View Post

Kary Thanks for jumping in.

Do you know what it pulls once it cools down? Do you know the amp hours on the deep cycle wet batters? The Magic Chef WD-282FWDC itself shows Rated current of 11 amps and I don't see any watt or charge amp listed on Go-Power GP-PWM-30UL Controler as far as what the solar bringing back into the system. The Progressive Dynamics 9260c 4-stage with the Wizard is nice and will help limited Gen time to its minimum when recharging personal I would like to see 3 - 4 days before charging but I'm used to go a week sometimes longer with the 2-way fridge. FR sir\te says you can go up to 500 watts of solar now are the basing that from the wiring and controller used after all roof space on these class C is limited. can the factory-installed one be swapped out for a biger one .
Old 06-13-2020, 01:39 PM   #37

Quote:
If you look at the label on this WD282FWDC refrigerator model, it shows a 12 volt DC input which goes to an inverter supplying the compressor. It appears the compressor itself runs on AC from the refrigerator's internal inverter. Nonetheless, the power requirement to the refrigerator from the RV is DC 12 volts. The 60 Hz rating from the source you quoted is totally meaningless for a DC power requirement.

Note that the rated current on the label is 11 amps. The 2.5 amp rating often cited in discussions could be the average current use after the refrigerator is cooled down.

One absolutely stupid aspect of this refrigerator as it is installed by Forest River, is that it has no on-off switch. Plan on installing you own switch or disconnect method if you end up buying a unit with this refrigerator.

This photo was taken by me of a 2020 Sunseeker at a local dealer.
There no offsetting on the knobs in the back of the freezer. I didn't pay that close of atten to them to see if there was an off section
Old 06-13-2020, 03:39 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by itgoes211 View Post
I’m becoming less and less enthusiastic about the switchover to the compressor refrigerators. My initial thought was, cool, don’t have to worry about level so much and I can run it going down the road without LP. But now I am trying to calculate my solar needs for boondocking.
We also I'm looking at going into a 3010DS sunseeker but this fridge has me turned off right now the dealer and the FR rep here say 1 1/2 run time but owners are saying 18 hours to a day run time for the fridge. Now FR put a 100-watt panel on the units but the fridge manufactory seel the optional 120W solar panel designed for the 12V EverChill refrigerator now this makes me wonder when they are saying 120 w is needed and FR only puts a 100w on it like they are underpowering the solar so people will have to get the upgrade.

I really like the SS but tomorrow I'm going to look at a 319MB because I also like that and it has the 2-way fridge
Old 06-13-2020, 09:37 PM   #39

Quote:
There no offsetting on the knobs in the back of the freezer. I didn't pay that close of atten to them to see if there was an off section
Here is a thread about the refrigerator with mention of the lack of a power switch.
https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...on-198356.html
Old 06-14-2020, 07:50 AM   #40

Boy if you could switch off the 120w defrost heaters while off grid that would save electric. 120w@12v= 10amps
TowPro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, sunseeker