Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2021, 04:12 PM   #1

2020 Sunseeker 3050S 15K A/C Not Recognized

Hi,

I've had my 3050S for over a year now, and my wife & I love it. This unit has the optional 15K A/C with Heat Pump, however, it is not being recognized by the Dometic CCC2 thermostat.

I emailed Forest River to verify what I have installed, and told them that the thermostat is not showing the heat pump. They verified that my RV does have the optional A/C (verified by VIN), and sent directions for a thermostat. Unfortunately that was not for the CCC2. When I said that, the reply was to 'check with Dometic".

I did, and they said if the correct A/C was installed, and the DIP switches as settings from the factory were not changed, the CCC2 would automatically recognize that A/C. I tried the steps to 'reset' the thermostat, and that didn't work either.

So the obvious conclusion is that the DIP switches were reset at Forest River. I'm out of warrantee so I guess its up to me to go on the roof to verify the settings.

Does this happen often? Have others come across this issue? And, what if I go on the roof and don't find that either installed A/C is the optional unit?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Neil
NukePuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 06:15 PM   #2

Don’t know if you tried this

Turn off the thermostat
Hold down the mode and zone button at the same time. Within. A few seconds a intl will show up and just keep holding it down and it should say zones 1 and 2 now it recognizes everything both zones can do like fan/auto heat well you get the idea, reset all your temperature setting in each zone and hopefully everything will be back up for you.

Jimbo
Jc4ut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 10:47 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jc4ut View Post
Turn off the thermostat
Hold down the mode and zone button at the same time. Within. A few seconds a intl will show up and just keep holding it down and it should say zones 1 and 2 now it recognizes everything both zones can do like fan/auto heat well you get the idea, reset all your temperature setting in each zone and hopefully everything will be back up for you.

Jimbo

Hi .. yes I've done that as it was described in the themorstat manual, and no it does not recognize the heat pump as being installed, just the A/C side of the unit, which again makes me think that somehow the DIP switches were changed.
Old 08-09-2021, 08:49 AM   #4
Commercial Member

I want to get with the production team and pick their brains. I will let you know what i find out.
karykatz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 01:37 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by karykatz View Post
I want to get with the production team and pick their brains. I will let you know what i find out.
Thank you!!

Neil
Old 08-10-2021, 08:59 AM   #6
Commercial Member

NukePuke

can you send me the last 6 of the Vin. Want to confirm what type of AC unit you have.
Old 08-10-2021, 01:30 PM   #7

Quote:
NukePuke

can you send me the last 6 of the Vin. Want to confirm what type of AC unit you have.
Hi,

here they are: C46424

The window sticker does say I have the optional 15K AC/Heatpump unit.

Neil
Old 08-11-2021, 07:23 AM   #8
Commercial Member

Neil

Do you have the dual AC option on your unit? If so these units don't have the heat pump feature.
Old 08-11-2021, 10:09 AM   #9

Quote:
Neil

Do you have the dual AC option on your unit? If so these units don't have the heat pump feature.
Yes I do, but then do I have the 15K AC option as the window sticker shows that I have option 005 - Dual High Efficiency A/Cs w/Energy Shedding System, along with the option 385 - 15K BTU Airc Conditioner w/Heat Pump.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Scanned_0001.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	288.5 KB
ID:	260834  
Old 08-11-2021, 10:44 AM   #10
Commercial Member

Neil

I'm sorry but there was a mistake made on the window sticker that didn't get caught. If you get the dual AC you cannot get the 15K ac with heat pump. They are different systems and the dual AC system uses higher efficiency units that don't come with the heat pump option.
Old 08-11-2021, 10:47 AM   #11

Quote:
Neil

I'm sorry but there was a mistake made on the window sticker that didn't get caught. If you get the dual AC you cannot get the 15K ac with heat pump. They are different systems and the dual AC system uses higher efficiency units that don't come with the heat pump option.
Um ... OK. Is it possible then to get a proper list or winder sticker showing what options my Sunseeker has?

Thanks.

Tags
305, 3050s, sunseeker