Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2020, 02:19 PM   #1

2021 3010ds

I have a couple of questions. For brevity I won't go into details but I need a floating mounting bracket for my Sony XAV-AX8000 radio. Someone at Forest River is trying to get us one but it seems to be taking an awfully long time. Any suggestions? The other question is my dining table won't stay level. We can tighten it down but it will still tilt some toward the front of the coach. Any secret way to keep it level? My wife is the one who doesn't like the way it's doing, not me. I could care less.
Harley Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 08:49 AM   #2

not seeing the table its hard to give good advice. If the table is like mine that can food down for travel or converting to a sleeping area you might consider getting it to level tighten the fasteners and then drill a stop hole that a pin can be inserted in to stop the movement. JMHO
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 09:19 AM   #3
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley Danny View Post
...The other question is my dining table won't stay level. We can tighten it down but it will still tilt some toward the front of the coach. Any secret way to keep it level? My wife is the one who doesn't like the way it's doing, not me. I could care less.
IMO on a 2021 there is only one answer to this question. Take it back to the dealer and have them fix it. It is not supposed to do that.
In the event that solution is not feasible, posting some photos of the mechanism doing the lean in the up and locked position would help the group to see why.
Happy Trails
Old 10-17-2020, 09:42 AM   #4

We had to send our Sony XAV-AX8000 radio back to Sony to get it replaced but now we're waiting for Forest River to get us a floating mounting bracket since Sony isn't any help at all. As soon as the bracket comes in we will be taking the coach back to the dealership for them to install the radio and see what's going on with the table. We have the u-shaped dinette that only has one pedestal. There's a knob that you tighten down but it seems that it doesn't tighten well enough to keep it level.
Old 10-22-2020, 10:58 AM   #5
Commercial Member

Danny

Can you send me a private message with the last 6 of the vin?
karykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 11:13 AM   #6
Kanadian Kamper

Quote:
We had to send our Sony XAV-AX8000 radio back to Sony to get it replaced but now we're waiting for Forest River to get us a floating mounting bracket since Sony isn't any help at all. As soon as the bracket comes in we will be taking the coach back to the dealership for them to install the radio and see what's going on with the table. We have the u-shaped dinette that only has one pedestal. There's a knob that you tighten down but it seems that it doesn't tighten well enough to keep it level.
Just for kicks....
Take a carpenter’s level, and check the floor of your dinette area.
If your dinette is on a slide, the floor itself may not be level, and the one pedestal design is only exaggerating the tilt you describe.
Come back and let us know.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 11:57 AM   #7

Ryan Stratton has been very helpful. The bracket is supposed to be delivered today to Topper's RV so assuming that it's the correct bracket we will make an appointment for Saturday to take it in to have the Sony installed. While there we will get them to check out the table.
Old 10-22-2020, 12:17 PM   #8
Kanadian Kamper

Quote:
Ryan Stratton has been very helpful. The bracket is supposed to be delivered today to Topper's RV so assuming that it's the correct bracket we will make an appointment for Saturday to take it in to have the Sony installed. While there we will get them to check out the table.
Did you see my previous post to your problem?
By any chance.....does yours look like this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A4626D19-0C8A-4D92-BD92-4DA68AD33C71.jpeg
Views:	57
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	241699   Click image for larger version

Name:	ED4A3F58-8565-46F2-84E8-F381170BEEE3.jpeg
Views:	55
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	241700   Click image for larger version

Name:	05038AE3-144F-4184-884E-10FE356E4F5B.jpeg
Views:	57
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	241701  

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 01:01 PM   #9

Our table doesn't have the cup holders in it. The device to tighten it does look like your picture but I don't think the pedestal base is that close to the edge. When we put the table on the post and tighten it down the table won't stay level when any pressure is put on the side toward the front of the coach.