Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2021, 08:36 PM   #1

2401b TV issues

Hi,
We have a 2021 MB 2401b Forester and cannot figure out how to perform the search of channels on the TV. We turn on the TV and select menu to search channels but the menu never displays. I'm sure it is something obvious as it seemed to work at the dealer several months ago but our first attempt is failing. I found nothing in the stack of manuals provided nor is my attempt at following instructions from several Google videos working. Any ideas?

Many thanks,
Tasha
TLTillman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 08:42 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLTillman10 View Post
Hi,

We have a 2021 MB 2401b Forester and cannot figure out how to perform the search of channels on the TV. We turn on the TV and select menu to search channels but the menu never displays. I'm sure it is something obvious as it seemed to work at the dealer several months ago but our first attempt is failing. I found nothing in the stack of manuals provided nor is my attempt at following instructions from several Google videos working. Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Tasha
First, are you searching for cable channels or OTA channels?
Second, is the antenna booster button on or off?
Also, what's the make and model number of tv?
I assume the dealer had it working on OTA channels when they demonstrated it. Did they show you the antenna booster button?
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 07:47 AM   #3

We also have a 2021 2401B. The antenna booster button is on the coax input on the right hand side in the empty space above the sound system above the door. There is a green light that is on when antenna is on, and a small button that turns it off.

For the menu we use the remote that came with our TVs (Connex (sp?)). Menu button then scroll all the way to the right (Channels is the title I think). Toggle between Air and Cable depending on the button setting and whether you are hooked up to cable, then Scan is the next menu option down.

Describing this from memory from our trip the past three weeks. It did take me a while to figure out where the little button was, to finally hook up to campground cable!
Old 07-31-2021, 10:07 AM   #4

Thank you so much! We now have OTA TV! Happy camping!
Old 07-31-2021, 10:08 AM   #5

Thank you for your reply. We were trying to get OTA. MooseRiver's info pointed us in the right direction.