Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-18-2021, 02:34 PM   #21
Commercial Member

They originally did not have an On/off switch. If for some reason you didn't want to have the refer running while you were using you could flip the breaker, but everything we are building now has an on/off switch.
karykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 02:38 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by karykatz View Post
They originally did not have an On/off switch. If for some reason you didn't want to have the refer running while you were using you could flip the breaker, but everything we are building now has an on/off switch.
Our 2020 model’s power distribution box has fuses for 12 volt circuits. Is Forest River now using breakers for 12 volt circuits?
Old 01-18-2021, 09:54 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindBars View Post
Thank you, karykatz, for posting the refrigerator manual. Manuals and documents are always helpful.

In reading the Magic Chef refrigerator manual, it describes how to adjust the temperature, but not how to turn it on and off. Is there actually no power switch, as some other forum members have stated? How do you turn off the refrigerator if you want it off but you still want to use other 12 volt devices in the motorhome? Is there a switch on the wall provided by Forest River for the refrigerator power?

Hold the temp button down for 10 seconds and the frig shuts down.
avengers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 04:24 PM   #24

Finally pulled the trigger on a 2023 Forester Classic 2441DS! We are set to pick up this Friday. I am hoping to discover very little issues (ulk, yeah right!) so that I could take it home same day.

I am looking forward in getting more info here from other owners.

Today, I called FR Forrester cs about the missing sink top/cover. It was probably taken by other sales rep to give it to another customer.
Factory cs guy said, it should come as standard accessory and since it's missing he will mail one to us at no charge. Yay!

Life is sometimes short, make the memories last longer- go RVing and just enjoy Life
roadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 06:44 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadster View Post
Finally pulled the trigger on a 2023 Forester Classic 2441DS! We are set to pick up this Friday. I am hoping to discover very little issues (ulk, yeah right!) so that I could take it home same day.

I am looking forward in getting more info here from other owners.

Today, I called FR Forrester cs about the missing sink top/cover. It was probably taken by other sales rep to give it to another customer.
Factory cs guy said, it should come as standard accessory and since it's missing he will mail one to us at no charge. Yay!
Congratulations on your purchase and I hope all goes well on delivery day!
Old 08-09-2023, 11:22 PM   #26

Quote:
Congratulations on your purchase and I hope all goes well on delivery day!
Thanks BehindBars!
Old 08-10-2023, 05:27 PM   #27

The Forester Classic 2441DS has fiberglass roof and no ladder. Is it okay to walk on that thing to do inspections on missed caulking/seals? I had no issues doing that with my former rig that had rubber roof.

Life is sometimes short, make the memories last longer- go RVing and just enjoy Life
Old 08-10-2023, 06:15 PM   #28
Kanadian Kamper

Quote:
The Forester Classic 2441DS has fiberglass roof and no ladder. Is it okay to walk on that thing to do inspections on missed caulking/seals? I had no issues doing that with my former rig that had rubber roof.
Our Sunseeker 2430S also has a fibreglass roof and no factory ladder.
No dancing……but never had any issues doing my inspections.
BTW……This inspector checks in at over 200 lbs.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 06:32 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
Our Sunseeker 2430S also has a fibreglass roof and no factory ladder.
No dancing……but never had any issues doing my inspections.
BTW……This inspector checks in at over 200 lbs.
Hahaha! Definitely no dancing! That's good to know. Thanks a bunch for sharing your experience.
Old 08-12-2023, 02:47 PM   #30

Wheel covers, hubcaps, simulators

Checking on how to add air to tires. I need to take the covers to access the valve stem easily(yeah right!). Mine came with one extension that is not even accessible for the Rear Passenger side outer tire. No access either in between the two tires.They put an elbow shape extension, see attached pic. Duh! So I need to access that to remove the useless extension.
Do I just pry the wheel cover off the wheel? OR do I need to unscrew some of the plastic caps on the lugs? Those caps are tight and I am afraid to break them. Which lug cap covers to unscrew?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20230812_122732.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	296.9 KB
ID:	291302   Click image for larger version

Name:	20230812_122758.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	221.9 KB
ID:	291303   Click image for larger version

Name:	20230812_124329.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	291304  
Old 08-12-2023, 03:36 PM   #31

Quote:
Checking on how to add air to tires. I need to take the covers to access the valve stem easily(yeah right!). Mine came with one extension that is not even accessible for the Rear Passenger side outer tire. No access either in between the two tires.They put an elbow shape extension, see attached pic. Duh! So I need to access that to remove the useless extension.
Do I just pry the wheel cover off the wheel? OR do I need to unscrew some of the plastic caps on the lugs? Those caps are tight and I am afraid to break them. Which lug cap covers to unscrew?
The wheel covers pry off the rim. The lug nut caps do not secure the cover, are simply decorative, and are part of the wheel cover. If you put a wrench on one and turn it, you’ll simply snap the cap off the wheel cover, thereby cosmetically damaging it.

I have a 2020 2440DS on a 2019 Ford E-450. As mine was delivered, all six valve stems are easily accessible without removing any wheel covers. I’m surprised yours is apparently not the same. Maybe if the later models have TPMS (mine does not), the valve access has somehow changed.
Old 08-12-2023, 05:52 PM   #32

Quote:
The wheel covers pry off the rim. The lug nut caps do not secure the cover, are simply decorative, and are part of the wheel cover. If you put a wrench on one and turn it, you’ll simply snap the cap off the wheel cover, thereby cosmetically damaging it.

I have a 2020 2440DS on a 2019 Ford E-450. As mine was delivered, all six valve stems are easily accessible without removing any wheel covers. I’m surprised yours is apparently not the same. Maybe if the later models have TPMS (mine does not), the valve access has somehow changed.
Ah. Good to know. I am tempted to use a socket wrench and great I read your response!
Tinkering with the elbow extension, I was able to rotate it to have enough clearance to use my inflator.
Yeah, mine has tpms with bigger diameter and inner lip part of the hubcap protrude a little bit and blocks access to valve. I couldn't use my inflator without popping off the cover. ALL good now. Well, at least the passenger side. It's now 90 deg here. I'll tackle the other side in a few hours....Thank you!
Old 08-12-2023, 08:36 PM   #33
Kanadian Kamper

Quote:
Ah. Good to know. I am tempted to use a socket wrench and great I read your response!
Tinkering with the elbow extension, I was able to rotate it to have enough clearance to use my inflator.
Yeah, mine has tpms with bigger diameter and inner lip part of the hubcap protrude a little bit and blocks access to valve. I couldn't use my inflator without popping off the cover. ALL good now. Well, at least the passenger side. It's now 90 deg here. I'll tackle the other side in a few hours....Thank you!
Hopefully one of these extenders might provide you with access to all tires all of the time……even with the chrome covers on.

https://www.amazon.ca/Valve-Extender...82130616&psc=1

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2023, 10:59 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
Hopefully one of these extenders might provide you with access to all tires all of the time……even with the chrome covers on.

https://www.amazon.ca/Valve-Extender...82130616&psc=1
That one is nice with a clip/holder. My bro in law bought similar from Harbor F but I guess they no longer carry them. Thnx for the link!