Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2016, 06:46 AM   #1

2860DS - my dumb mistake, but learned something

I must be getting senile but the other day I inadvertently left the water running in my 2860DS bathroom sink. With the noise of the overhead exhaust fan, in a hurry, etc... and of course don't forget the senility setting in, I really did leave it on, couldn't blame anyone else but myself...

Anyway, unbeknownst to me, I'm sitting outside enjoying the nice Florida weather when I heard water leaking out of the RV. I quickly found the outside kitchen sink completely filled with water and overflowing. The outside kitchen water faucets were off. I made a quick dash inside the coach and found the shower also had a couple inches of water in it. At this point I didn't know the faucet in the bathroom was running full bore.

I quickly ran outside and emptied the galley (rear kitchen's sink waste tank) tank, the water in the outside kitchen sink drained out. I then drained the grey water tank, I noticed it was filled to capacity. I closed the grey tank drain valve and thought a minute what could be going on, was a pipe broken somewhere and draining into the tanks? After thinking for a couple minutes, I opened up the grey tank valve again, more water!! Water somehow somewhere was running! Going back into the coach, I decided to check all faucets and that's when I found the bathroom sink faucet running.

Dumb mistake on my part, but I did learn something about the 2860DS. The grey water tank is evidently connected to the galley tank, I don't know the purpose, perhaps to give more grey water capacity? But the grey tank evidently filled with water and then an overflow pipe must go into the rear kitchen's galley tank, hence the outside kitchen sink filling with water.

Sometimes one learns the hard way
KQ2N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 06:58 AM   #2
Site Team

WoW!! Lucky you stuck around and found it before it damaged floor etc...
2016 Evergreen Everlite 242RBS
29' empty nest model. Blue Ox WD hitch
(1 queen bed, large main cabin and huge bathroom)
Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41, 2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-44, 2017-63, 2018-75, 2019-32, 2020-41, 2021-49, 2022-43, 2023-66
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 08:51 AM   #3
Phat Phrog

Hey Aquaman.....you wanna share what happened to you, and why you now go by the name Aquaman?!!

XLR Owners United!
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 09:05 AM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVChick View Post
Hey Aquaman.....you wanna share what happened to you, and why you now go by the name Aquaman?!!

XLR Owners United!

NO! Actually I think I just did via the OP! 😬

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 09:09 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:

XLR Owners United!

Is it any worse than my black tank story?

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ush-67565.html

Old 03-16-2016, 09:12 AM   #6
Phat Phrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
NO! Actually I think I just did via the OP! 😬

Oh come on now....plus all the rubber duckies that mysteriously appeared all over .....and under....your camper?!

XLR Owners United!
Old 03-16-2016, 09:17 AM   #7
Site Team

If you hear water leaking out of your RV the very first step should be to shut it off at the source.
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 09:25 AM   #8
Phat Phrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaadk View Post
Is it any worse than my black tank story?

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ush-67565.html

I must say I laughed out loud!! Great telling of the event Kaadk!!

XLR Owners United!
Old 03-16-2016, 09:36 AM   #9

Quote:

XLR Owners United!
This is the "FIRST" I have heard this also! Youroo!!
Old 03-16-2016, 10:45 AM   #10
Phat Phrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
This is the "FIRST" I have heard this also! Youroo!!

Yeah hu-huh.....

XLR Owners United!
Old 03-16-2016, 11:34 AM   #11
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Heard the story in Nashville,,,
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 12:12 PM   #12

Don't feel bad ----those that think this is funny ......could also happen to them down the road!!!!! I have done both over the years......Black and a grey water tank overflow!!!!!!!!! J
Jim in Halifax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 01:15 PM   #13

Who's fault?

Now come on. I imagine if your in Florida, you must be a senior citizen. So, I have to disagree with one of your first statements. You mentioned there wasn't any one to blame but yourself. Aren't you married? I have become an expert, no mater what has happen, it's her fault! LOL
sam2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 02:48 PM   #14

Toilet flush stuck on the old Jamboree
And the waterfall flowed out the front door
Thank goodness we just set up and there was one number one in the tank
$#!+ happens and thankfully not this time!
'93 Coleman pop ups (I'm Dad)
'04 Fleetwood Jamboree 26q
'14 Sunseeker 2860DS
trdutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 09:24 AM   #15

Sam2424, yup, the first question I asked, "when were you in the bathroom last?" Her reply of "several hours ago" just couldn't be contrived to put the blame oh her

And yes, as someone earlier mentioned, the best thing to do is shut the water off at the source, but what I didn't mention in my tale of woe was that the water was warm. For some reason, my mind went down an avenue to thinking that somehow the hot water tank somehow was the blame. The spigot did get shut off rather quickly though once I came to my senses
KQ2N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 09:56 AM   #16
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Y'all sit back, I've got a tale to tell. It all started the spring of '13 when I went to FL during spring break. Upon arriving back home in OH, the weather turned cold and I had to re-winterize the camper. A couple months later I attended my first Tadpole rally on the banks of the OH river. I arrived early afternoon, as I wanted to beat the Cincy traffic, and my wife and kids were coming later. As luck would have it, our dog had a seisure (what turned out to be the first of many to come) and she rushed him to the vet. She then decided that she was just going to stay home and keep an eye on the dog to make sure he was ok, and that I should just stay and enjoy the rally. So I'm setting up my 5er and dewinterizing by opening faucets and such and have come to the conclusion that all is done and it's time for a beverage and to socialize with some new FROGs. I'm walking around my camper (I'm parked next to FROGbob) and meet him and Cindy then move to the other side of me and talk to that neighbor, who's name escapes me. He was interested in my grill mount, and I was showing him my handywork, when I noticed water coming out from under the camper. First thing I thought was, Broken Line. Turned the water off and proceded inside to find that the bunkhouse sink had been left on and overflowed onto the floor. Most of the water had run out under the slide, but I did have a puddle going around the corner and into the kitchen. Grabbed all the towels soaked up as much water as I could, along with sweeping it out with a broom. I can Cindy sitting in their Berkshire watching and laughing. By the time I get everything dried up inside, all the soaking wet towels and rugs outside spread out and drying, I had a pretty good audience. The best part came when I went to leave a good bit of water was laying in the belly and as I passed Youroo and Lowbubba's sites a good gush of water came out from underneath. This just added fuel to their hysterical laughing. From that moment on, I became "Aquaman".
The story doesn't stop there though. While in Goshen the same year, all my "so called friends" decided to play a prank on me and hide little rubber ducks all over the inside of my camper! I found ducks for weeks hidden everywhere, inside and out. The best one was when I had taken my camper to the factory, for them to change out axles, and they asked me "what's up with the duck? We put it back for you". I had no clue what they were talking about, until they showed me. My dear friends had zip tied a duck to the axle and when the factory replaced them, they had zip tied it back to the new ones. I was a bit embarrassed to tell them the story, but I did. To this day, and at every rally, I find a new duck.
Old 03-17-2016, 10:24 AM   #17

Quote:
Y'all sit back, I've got a tale to tell. It all started the spring of '13 when I went to FL during spring break. Upon arriving back home in OH, the weather turned cold and I had to re-winterize the camper. A couple months later I attended my first Tadpole rally on the banks of the OH river. I arrived early afternoon, as I wanted to beat the Cincy traffic, and my wife and kids were coming later. As luck would have it, our dog had a seisure (what turned out to be the first of many to come) and she rushed him to the vet. She then decided that she was just going to stay home and keep an eye on the dog to make sure he was ok, and that I should just stay and enjoy the rally. YSo I'm setting up my 5er and dewinterizing by opening faucets and such and have come to the conclusion that all is done and it's time for a beverage and to socialize with some new FROGs. I'm walking around my camper (I'm parked next to FROGbob) and meet him and Cindy then move to the other side of me and talk to that neighbor, who's name escapes me. He was interested in my grill mount, and I was showing him my handywork, when I noticed water coming out from under the camper. First thing I thought was, Broken Line. Turned the water off and proceded inside to find that the bunkhouse sink had been left on and overflowed onto the floor. Most of the water had run out under the slide, but I did have a puddle going around the corner and into the kitchen. Grabbed all the towels soaked up as much water as I could, along with sweeping it out with a broom. I can Cindy sitting in their Berkshire watching and laughing. By the time I get everything dried up inside, all the soaking wet towels and rugs outside spread out and drying, I had a pretty good audience. The best part came when I went to leave a good bit of water was laying in the belly and as I passed Youroo and Lowbubba's sites a good gush of water came out from underneath. This just added fuel to their hysterical laughing. From that moment on, I became "Aquaman".
The story doesn't stop there though. While in Goshen the same year, all my "so called friends" decided to play a prank on me and hide little rubber ducks all over the inside of my camper! I found ducks for weeks hidden everywhere, inside and out. The best one was when I had taken my camper to the factory, for them to change out axles, and they asked me "what's up with the duck? We put it back for you". I had no clue what they were talking about, until they showed me. My dear friends had zip tied a duck to the axle and when the factory replaced them, they had zip tied it back to the new ones. I was a bit embarrassed to tell them the story, but I did. To this day, and at every rally, I find a new duck.
Uhh, that's not quite right correct, but do to this being a family form. We will let it slide.
Lowbubba- I survived the 2013 flood.

What could go wrong?
lowbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 11:05 AM   #18
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowbubba View Post
Uhh, that's not quite right correct, but do to this being a family form. We will let it slide.
Lowbubba- I survived the 2013 flood.
Which part, or was it the omission of expletives that I'm pretty sure were flowing from my site?
Old 03-17-2016, 11:24 AM   #19

Talking

Quote:
Which part, or was it the omission of expletives that I'm pretty sure were flowing from my site?
Moma Frog was the one that rescued ya if you so remember. I really hate to go on about this, it was quite impressive to see Aquaman swimming upstream in his camper to shut down the source of the water.
What hurt the image was Youroo and IndyMule with their fishing rods. Since they didn't have a license, they had to throw you back.
"Oh the humanity"
Comes to mind.

What could go wrong?
lowbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 02:09 PM   #20
Phat Phrog

Great story AquaMan!! It was great to see how many friends pitched in to....ummmm.......show their love!!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums