Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2014, 12:40 PM   #1
Puzzlme

3010 How do I run the DVD player?

Sorry folks, new to RVing.
Bought my 2013 Sunseeker 3010 brand new/used from the original owner after he put 150 kilometers on it and have never had a walk through.

It has a Magnadyne dash unit - Quest video controle center and 2 Jensen LEDC TV

I'm assuming that my DVD's should play on the TV unit but I don't know how to get it to display.
Disk in the player, Quest set on DVD, I have tried every input source on the TV but can't get anything to display. Is there a step by step guide for dummies?
I sure would appreciate a tip or a link to get me going.
Thanks
Puzzlme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:19 AM   #2
Commercial Member

Really depends on how things are set up.

The dash DVD player feeds the video switch box. The box feeds the TV's via coax.

Option 1: turn tv to AIR, scan for channels with DVD playing. Should pick up channel 3 or 4. (I'm guessing this is how your unit is set up).

Option 2: (better). The Dash radio feeds the switch box AND composite cables (red/white/yellow) directly to the TV. This makes it so it does't matter what the switch box says. AV1 is normally what the TV should be on.

If your's is option #1...I would recommend pulling the TV off, finding a set of red/white/yellow cables and going from the OUT of the switch box to the TV input AV1.

I don't remember the Quest box (can you post a picture). What I do remember is the Magnadyne box that looks like the attached.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf VCS-10-IM.pdf (218.4 KB, 55 views)

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 07:28 PM   #3
Puzzlme

I haven't tried scanning for channels. The button on the front is set to channel 3 but I did try channel 4 as well. I assumed it would be like my home setup where you just select the input source. That resulted in blank screens.
As you can see there are cables already attached from the front DVD player to the control center.
Any suggestions at all will be helpful and thanks for the response.

I guess if all else fails I can call or contact a local dealer. Not sure how helpful they will be in dealing with a used RV.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:32 PM   #4
Puzzlme

Not sure why my photo's didn't post. Trying again
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	007.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	343.8 KB
ID:	56830   Click image for larger version

Name:	005.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	280.5 KB
ID:	56831  
Old 07-02-2014, 06:27 PM   #5
Commercial Member

Yes, the easiest and best picture method is to unplug the red/white/yellow and plug that directly into one of the AV inputs on the TV. Then when you watch the DVD just change to that source.

OR, if you have a spare set, run a set of red/white/yellow from the DVD out (which is just below the DVD IN and run those to the TV.

Right now the way it is set, is the red/white/yellow goes to switch box. That signal is converted into coax, the coax is plot to all the TV's. Just not a strong enough signal really.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 07:07 PM   #6
Puzzlme

Thanks

https://rhodaventure.com/

2013 Sunseeker 3010DS
2014 - 15,000 Kilometers (9360 Miles) Alberta through the US to E. coast, up into Atlantic Canada, Newfoundland and back.
2015 - 2 great trips so far. Alberta to Oregon coast, Alberta to Shushwap in BC.
Old 07-04-2014, 08:33 AM   #7

We have 3170DS and havve a front TV, middle TV (with its own DVD) and rear bedroom TV. Our factory set up has the rear TV only works through Coaxial......The issue we had once the switch box worked was setting the TV to the right channel. What we found was if we had the antenna set up after channel search, we could not set the TV to channel 3 or 4 (depending on the setting of your switch box) so had to change the TV set up to cable (with none hooked up) using the TV remote set-up and then change the channel to 3 or 4...Once done, with the switch box set to DVD...(TV source set to TV) your feed should be fine (thought the quakity of the DVD picture will only be as strong as a 30 foot coaxial cable will allow.

Now our front TV is set up the same as the rear TV AND has the direct feed (on different source....AV2) and when we watch the DVD on the front TV we always use the direct connection on AV2 so the picture is more pure.

It takes a while to get it all stright and we have to do a refresher each camping season.

Good Luck
Scooter81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 08:55 AM   #8
Puzzlme

This sounds like it will be valuable to me this summer. :-)
Old 08-10-2014, 05:16 PM   #9

I'm confused... I don't remember seeing a switch box in our 2014 2860DS with outside kitchen. And, I haven't been able to play a DVD on the outside kitchen TV. Only tv with a dvd player is the Skyworth in the rear bedroom. I'm sure I was told you could play dvds through the Magnadyne dash unit... anyone know how to do it?
Thanks
RON
asparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 05:41 PM   #10

answered in my other post by BC... Thanks
asparky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvd