Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-28-2014, 11:14 AM   #1

3010DS Just ordered bigfoot EZ levelers

I just ordered some Bigfoot EZ levelers for my 3010DS. Anything i need to watch out for while doing the installation?
Questions:
1) Are the stock hydraulic lines that come with the EZ KIT going to be long enough?
2) Ground clearance? any deviation from the instructions needed for ground clearance?
3) Best place to put the pump?
4) Right angle drill is probably a must.
5) Control panel location? Saw some pictures someone posted while doing their installation and the guy stuck it in the cup holder area by screwing into his beautiful wood grain Is there a better place to fit it and have access to it? Have any of you stuck it in a box with x amount of feet of cord. I kind of like the idea of being able to step out of the RV and see what the feet are landing on while extending.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks in advance for advice.
parpar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 03:18 PM   #2

I ordered our Lexi 300 with the Bigfoot system. It has a motor pump at each jack and the control panel is in a box with about 6 feet of cable, It is handy to be able to watch the jacks going down.
Old 03-01-2014, 07:01 AM   #3

My 3051S came with them already installed. Everyone that I know who attempted to install these jacks as a DIY project ended up taking their MH to the dealer. I believe your biggest challenge will be running the wires. You will enjoy having jacks!
2013 Elantra GT (Toad)
WashU EMBA "39
ourflat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 07:46 AM   #4

sounds like a fun and challenging mod. I like the idea of a cord long enough to see the jacks operating can you build a box and then store it under the drivers seat when not in use. take pictures and share them when you are done and if you run into problems post your questions there are plenty of people on this forum willing to help. good luck and keep us posted on your progress .
lbrunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 12:30 PM   #5

Anyone have pictures of where the factory installs the pump and valve system.

I am not worried about doing the install. Hardest part is going to be the drilling. The rest should be a walk in the park.
Old 03-01-2014, 02:12 PM   #6

The factory uses the system with a pump for each leveler . rear ones are mounted beside the jacks the front ones are mounted inside the frame rails a few feet behind the cab on the drivers side. at least that is how it is on my 3170 witch should not be a lot different frame wise than a 3051s
lbrunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 05:17 PM   #7

Fresh pics from under my 3051S.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5717.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	47012   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5718.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	47013   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5720.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	47014   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5721.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	47015   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5719.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	47016  

2013 Elantra GT (Toad)
WashU EMBA "39
Old 03-02-2014, 12:54 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ourflat View Post
Fresh pics from under my 3051S.
I can't thank you enough Frank. Thank you. Thank you. Pictures with a thousand words! I am sure those will come in handy.

Question: Is the cross brace running left to right standard? Picture two.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:27 PM   #9

It is.....you're welcome!
2013 Elantra GT (Toad)
WashU EMBA "39
Old 03-03-2014, 12:39 AM   #10
Retired on the weekends

Shops around me want 1200 to 1400 to do this install. I want to add levelers to my rig so badly. I will undoubtably attempt the install on my own, your bravery will inspire me. Be sure to document your work.

I'd like to get the EZ wireless system, it's simple and for the very same reason you mentioned. I want to see what I'm landing on.

CLICK HERE FOR THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST RV GROUP
The RB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:22 PM   #11

Just found out they wont ship for two weeks. Guess i will read up on the installation and start laying the hole patterns out with the temples provided online. This is going to feel like two months waiting.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:45 AM   #12
Retired on the weekends

Quote:
Originally Posted by parpar1 View Post
Just found out they wont ship for two weeks. Guess i will read up on the installation and start laying the hole patterns out with the temples provided online. This is going to feel like two months waiting.

Is it here yet?

CLICK HERE FOR THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST RV GROUP
The RB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:36 AM   #13

They are here now but unfortunitly my RV is still at the dealer still. Long story short they caused some damage they are now repairing and and and. So upsetting. We have not even taken on a big road trip yet.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:05 AM   #14

bclemens question for you.

bclemens i talked to a Bigfoot lever rep today and he said he believes that the Forest River Sunseeker frames have the cylinder mounting brackets for the hydraulic levers installed at the factory?

Please say it is true. This would make the install a thousand times easier.

Thanks.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:59 PM   #15

I got my motorhome back from the dealer today. As soon as I got home I crawled under it and the brackets are there!!!!!! I about crapped myself.

This is going to be very easy now.

PLUS one to Forest River for doing that.

Anyone want a brand new set of Bigfoot mounting brackets?
Old 03-26-2014, 09:12 AM   #16
Commercial Member

Lol, I saw this while flying...then I saw a squirrel and then..what was I saying again?

Glad you saw them. Yes, we install the brackets on ALL Ford units. We do not install them on Chevy's yet...but I don't have a good reason for that other than engineering didn't do it yet.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:45 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Lol, I saw this while flying...then I saw a squirrel and then..what was I saying again?

Glad you saw them. Yes, we install the brackets on ALL Ford units. We do not install them on Chevy's yet...but I don't have a good reason for that other than engineering didn't do it yet.
Again that made my day seeing that you guys weld them on at the factory. I was not looking FWD to welding them on myself.

That is a great selling point. I am shocked it is not listed as an option or standard features to let everyone know. It might not be a big deal to some people but to me, being a DIY person, it made a world of difference.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:02 AM   #18

I opened all the boxes and everything looks good. I uncoiled the hydraulic lines and have them laying straight across the garage floor. Nothing worst then fighting with the lines trying to coil back up on you.
i figure about two hours at the most to bolt everything in place and then another 2 drinking beer and two more hours plumbing and bleeding. Bleeding the lines that is.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:47 PM   #19

Took about 15 minutes to bolt the back cylinders on. Next I decided to install the pump assembly. And this is were the road block hits. The only location on the frame is on the passenger side just fwd of the propane tank on the out side of the frame. It is full of predrilled holes none of which match the mounting plate. So I need to drill new holes. No big deal. However the pump assembly is now very close to the back of the storage bin. Which means the fluid tank fill hole is not very accessible. To fix that I need to cut a hole in the back of my storage bin to gain access. Which leads me to thinking I can place the pump assembly in the storage bin and be done. However I am now concerned with the weight and vibration damaging the bin.

So now I am back at drilling holes in the frame and a access hole, I think?

Anyone? Ideas? pictures of your pumps assembly location?
Old 03-27-2014, 08:16 PM   #20
Tinkerer and Putterer

Some pics of your undercarriage and the proposed mounting location would be useful. I can compare them to my rig for possible spots. Having done some pump and oil cooler installs on some undercarriages in the past, if things are tight I would be thinking mounting bracket from a machine shop. Make a wood mockup and then take it to a machine shop to have it made out of angle iron etc. While you're at it think about a skid plate or debris shield add on
HappyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote