Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-05-2014, 06:02 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmlac View Post
I'm not talking the type of people who use keys. That's to discourage your neighbor from bringing his chips & CH751 key over to watch the game at your unit. I'm talking more about people who use crowbars.
True enough, but if someone has the time and/or cover to get at an RV with a crowbar, its not going to matter where the TV (or anything else for that matter!) is stored..inside or out....
jrwalkerpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 06:18 PM   #22

I agree, locks only keep honest people out. 99% of people I meet camping are good people. More likely to get broken into at my house. It's good that my wife works from home, so she keeps an eye out for any shady people on my street.
Mike001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:22 PM   #23

3010DS questions

I have a 2013 3010 that I love. I have a ceramic heater that we use to help supplement the use of the propane furnace. I have camped in some very cold temps and burnt through a tank in 2 weekends. Come April I filled it and it lasted until October. The heat pump works quite well, we also use the electric water heater rather than the gas heater.... All that being said, the tank does last quite a while. I figure I go through about 60 to 70 bucks of propane a year...... The shower is great. I upgraded the shower head to a nice water saver head and added a stainless flex hose. About a $25 upgrade. We'll worth it.... I love the 3010. The wife loves to cook so we wanted the most counter space we could find. For me, that is the best floor plan out there.
osgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 12:41 PM   #24

We've camped a lot in our 3100 in cold weather, including in national park and national forest campgrounds that had no hookups. We have an Extend-a-Stay kit that allows us to use a grill gas tank to supplement the coach's tank. It takes about 10 minutes to hook up or remove.

In addition to the added capacity, if we run low on propane, I can exchange or refill the grill gas tank without having to move the coach. It's sometimes hard to find a place to refill the coach tank, but you can find a grill gas tank exchange service just about everywhere now. It costs more than refilling but at least you can get propane when you need it.
RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:00 AM   #25

Thanks again to all for answering my questions! Over the past few weeks I travelled around to several dealers to check things out. I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for on the lot (and couldn't get any great deals anyway) so I decided to order one with the exact options I really wanted. Delivery is expected in about 10-12 weeks, which is just as well since I don't really want it until the snow/cold/salt is gone for the winter. Looking forward to spring!
Old 01-29-2014, 07:02 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVFamily5 View Post
Hey Mike where is the outdoor TV stored and connected?
On my 3010 I keep my outside 24" in the overhead bunk area. I use wireless HDMI from the satellite feed to the outside TV. I only need power for the outside unit.
osgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:38 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwalkerpa1 View Post
Thanks again to all for answering my questions! Over the past few weeks I travelled around to several dealers to check things out. I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for on the lot (and couldn't get any great deals anyway) so I decided to order one with the exact options I really wanted. Delivery is expected in about 10-12 weeks, which is just as well since I don't really want it until the snow/cold/salt is gone for the winter. Looking forward to spring!
Yes, that is basically what I discovered, so I went ahead and ordered one online with exactly the options I wanted also. I ordered mine mid December (nice Xmas present to ourselves ) and the last I heard the factory "ready" date is slated for Feb 15 and it is suppose to take about 2 weeks from that time to get to the dealer. Since we ordered online, we do need to travel to pick it up. We have a new born and really couldn't travel immediately anyway, so the 12 weeks it has taken to put together at the factory was actually a 'feature' for us.

I had actually looked at both the 3170 and 3010. I like both. I like the tub feature in the 3170 (good for a new born). I like the separate entertainment area for the kids (3170). However, we only have two daughters so really don't need a bunk house. I also really did like the extra counter space of the 3010. Also, I really wanted the 4 door fridge, which is not available in the 3170, so in the end went with the 3010.

I do have kind of a "dumb" question. We also went for the outdoor TV option and after seeing earlier posts in this thread it confirmed what I had suspected, that the outdoor TV space is shared with the garbage can. How does one access the garbage can with the TV option ? Is the TV swing away or ???

As a bit of an aside, we also ordered the swivel seats. I saw the earlier posts about the sofa and when I checked out bclemens link to the sofa, we also pictures showing the swivel seats. Just thought I would mention that in case anyone wants to also look at them ?

I also again want to thank bclemens for his active participation in this forumn. He has also answered some of my earlier questions and much appreciate it. However, may just a bit of "constructive" critic about FR web site. I really do think they could do much more with pictures and such to show off their excellent product lines and help answer some questions that arise here...
Old 01-29-2014, 09:33 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhroll24 View Post
I do have kind of a "dumb" question. We also went for the outdoor TV option and after seeing earlier posts in this thread it confirmed what I had suspected, that the outdoor TV space is shared with the garbage can. How does one access the garbage can with the TV option ? Is the TV swing away or ???
As a bit of an aside, we also ordered the swivel seats. I saw the earlier posts about the sofa and when I checked out bclemens link to the sofa, we also pictures showing the swivel seats. Just thought I would mention that in case anyone wants to also look at them ?

I didn't get the outside TV but I did look at several that had it. Yes, the TV swings aside to allow access to the trash can. Also, the door to that compartment is larger on those with the TV than those without.

I also got the swivel seats...I admit I was skeptical about the idea but then I saw them in person and they really do work and were usable...so I think a nice option and just one more way that this floorplan is so flexible...