Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2016, 10:53 PM   #1

3010DS TV signal source identification

On my 2016 3010DS, in the cabinet behind the "flip-up" TV, there is a brown outlet cover with three coax connections. I've identified the top one as the source for the signal when you connect an auxiliary outside source (satellite). The other two are a mystery as to what function they serve.

Two dealers seem unable to answer the question.

Anyone know what those two do?
Ohinaz1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 04:38 AM   #2
Chief tinkerer

Ohinaz, on our 2017 3010, the three connectors on the back are input from park cable, input from antenna and output to the splitter that feeds your other two tv positions. If there are three connectors on the front, then possibly someone has done the jumper mod so you can connect your carry-out style satellite dish to the park cable connector and bypass the amplifier, which messes with these dishes. If you look in the cabinet above the door there should be another plate with a single coax and an hdmi connector. This coax runs up to your roof and comes out just in front of your front vent. It is capped and sealed over. This is for a roof mounted "on the go" dish.
www.tv4rv.com/wiring.pdf

2017 SunSeeker 3010DS
Gidyupgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 08:35 PM   #3

hi we just got our 3010 ds 2017 recliners , big refer 4 door, and bigfoot , for me to get my direct tv box to work i pulled out the radio , found the back of the ant. wires , used the black wire to go to the direct box in and a spliter out for the 32'' tv and a cable to the ant. white plate with no power on the ant.to go to bedroom and side outlet .
now i hook to the black cable hookup next to the ele . hookup , that wire feeds my direct box now. this took time . eazy now
so far we like the 3010 ds , all the big things work , but QC on the little things , well you know , all they what is to get there hourly wage .
always adjust your drill driver between big screws + small so you dont strip wood screws
fred+sherry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat