Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2019, 06:57 PM   #1

3011 DS Removing Sofa

We are really not finding the sofa in our 2017 Class C 3011DS comfortable. We would like to replace it with recliners. Thomas Payne is what we currently have. Will this affect the weight distribution on the slide? One RV place told us it could cause a problem with the side. Btw, we have already had a problem with the slider cutting the wall next to it and breaking the mirror twice! Has anyone done this with this large slide that also has a large u-shaped bench and table?
How do we find chairs that will fit our model?
5cents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 07:57 PM   #2

I had mine recovered with better material and better under padding. Much more comfy now.
Old 08-12-2019, 07:58 PM   #3

The Thomas Payne dual recliners and center console will fit perfectly in your MH. We have that set-up in ours and holy cow, is it ever comfortable. The recliner release handle is on the inside Seating area so there's no need to access the side of the recliner.

There is no problem with the slide when adding these chairs. That's hogwash. I can send you pics of our 3011 interior if you like. Do it!
Mach428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 08:30 PM   #4

My rig is a 2801 but I made the swap to the TP recliners, ours have heat and massage as well and they’re heaven after a long cold day fishing.
Tombsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 01:18 PM   #5

We replaced our tri-fold sofa with the Reclining Love Seats from Thomas Payne from Camping World catalog. Had it delivered to our door. They needed a lift truck. Didn't want it shipped to a store and have to go and pick it up. We kept our sofa out of camper and will put it back in when we decide to sell it. We needed just 60" so we chose the left and right, but they have a center console you can order or another center seat piece if you have space. The recliners are wall away style so very little clearance is required between fully up and fully reclined. The recline angle is great for napping. Maybe sleeping, but haven't tried yet.

Thomas Payne Heritage Modular Theater Seating
#103566d
Sofa options: Reclining Love Seat
Fabric color: Oxford Walnut
SKU: 103571 Thomas Payne Collection Heritage Series Modular Theater Seating, Left Hand Recliner, Oxford Walnut (1)
SKU: 103570 Thomas Payne Collection Heritage Series Modular Theater Seating, Right Hand Recliner, Oxford Walnut (1)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	550
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	212277   Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	212278   Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	135.9 KB
ID:	212279  

2019 Ford SD F-350 SRW Lariat
Tow & Gooseneck Prep
FX4 Off Road (4X4)
rlh1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 07:39 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by A32Deuce View Post
I had mine recovered with better material and better under padding. Much more comfy now.
I wonder if during the process of having a new cover and padding installed if they could also change the angle of the padding on the seat and seat back such that we would not be sitting as upright? We would have liked to have gotten the recliners but we need to fold out bed to accommodate guest on a number of occasions during the season.
newRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 09:25 AM   #7

3011 DS 2017 swivel seats

I removed my factory installed "theater seats" and put in two pedestal recliner seats and a small pedestal table (made from the folding wing near the doorway).
We did not like the theater chairs, the DW was not able to make hers recline. We are very happy with the results.
I did not weigh the old seats, but they were very heavy, I'd guess the new seats weigh half as much.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rv seat.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	333.5 KB
ID:	212741  
Hailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 04:54 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by newRVer View Post
I wonder if during the process of having a new cover and padding installed if they could also change the angle of the padding on the seat and seat back such that we would not be sitting as upright? We would have liked to have gotten the recliners but we need to fold out bed to accommodate guest on a number of occasions during the season.
They have different angles of padding. On mine, by making the seat part more comfy, it caused the seat part to be higher then the seat back. Simple fix, made me a padded/covered 2 inch piece to fit the seat back when made into a bed. Level and very comfy compared to what came in it. A good shop will work with you and should do a good job. I took mine all apart which made it a lot better do them to work with. Very happy with how it turned out.

Tags
forester