Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2023, 01:11 PM   #21
Smiles, Trials & Tribs

So, I hosed the back window and verified intrusion! I love conclusive evidence, don't you?!? As a side note, anybody know what's in the space under the wardrobe that cannot be accessed? I see a black & white wire going in there from behind the drawers. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Water intrusion from window.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	417.6 KB
ID:	285482  
Old 04-04-2023, 04:26 PM   #22
Certified Curmudgeon

Pink Panther

Excellent work Inspector Clouseau. Now all you have to do is fix it and put it all back together better than new.

The wires are most likely side marker or ODS rear utility light aka scare light. Ceiling lights are normally brown and white.
Old 04-04-2023, 06:52 PM   #23
Smiles, Trials & Tribs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckogram View Post
Excellent work Inspector Clouseau. Now all you have to do is fix it and put it all back together better than new.

The wires are most likely side marker or ODS rear utility light aka scare light. Ceiling lights are normally brown and white.

Ready for the window to be removed and the foam/luan to be replaced. Then I'll strip the wallpaper and install a new motif... and voila`... done! BTW, that wire went to the cargo area light... thanks!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Water damage removed.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	387.7 KB
ID:	285494  
Old 04-05-2023, 02:40 PM   #24
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer Vista View Post
BTW, that wire went to the cargo area light... thanks!
Ooops. I should have just said lights rather than trying to list the possibilities and omitting one (or more).
Old 04-06-2023, 06:33 PM   #25

Glad you found it!

Glad you found it! I was going to ask if you had a water fill nearby. I would find water pooled next to our bed occasionally after we bought it. I too was wondering where it came from. It turns out the water fill hose that was near our bed had a nick in it and I hen the water was filled so that water came out of the hose, it also ran into the camper behind a small panel and seeped under that panel to the floor. I pulled the panel apart, saw the nick, replaced the hose and buttoned it back up. Thankfully it didn't go on for long to where it caused the kind of damage you had. Sorry you're having to go through that.
bkbonner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 06:54 PM   #26

My rear window leaked too, and the slide side window. They were both removed, resealed, walls repaired and rear wall replaced. After this I cap sealed all the windows and other openings with clear Proflex. If your windows haven’t leaked that’s great but the seals are known to shrink over time so that’s why I cap sealed all of mine.

2023 Jayco 195RB
wolfie53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 08:48 PM   #27
Smiles, Trials & Tribs

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfie53 View Post
My rear window leaked too, and the slide side window. They were both removed, resealed, walls repaired and rear wall replaced. After this I cap sealed all the windows and other openings with clear Proflex. If your windows haven’t leaked that’s great but the seals are known to shrink over time so that’s why I cap sealed all of mine.

That's a great idea, thanks! BTW, we just fostered a kitten that we named Wolfie... he's now with his forever owner (actually 3 plus mom)
Old 04-06-2023, 09:04 PM   #28
Kanadian Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfie53 View Post
I don’t understand what you mean by “cap sealed”.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 09:29 PM   #29
Smiles, Trials & Tribs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
I don’t understand what you mean by “cap sealed”.

I understand it as running a bead of sealant around the edge of the window seal as an extra measure...
Old 04-06-2023, 09:40 PM   #30

Hi, sorry late to the party. May I suggest a moisture detector usable with or without a pin? You may find it useful for looking over the entire unit, make notes now, then retest after your repair to compare? And keep the photos, and keep taking more through your journey for the record. Do you have any insurance coverage for this? Did the seller state as is? Not trying to take you off your repair focus, but some points you may not want to pass you by. Best of luck. And, I did have a brand new unit the front window was leaking from, first time out took back to dealer, they replaced it with a solid none opening one. Damage continued because I had false sense of security and rarely used it, one day driving on highway I kept looking at the nose thinking it was caving in...looked OK once I stopped so I thought it was effects of the sun, mirror. Then I saw the bumps in the wall paper, hard tiny dots. Had repair done for me at a different dealer, $3000, replaced entire nose, with no window. Sold it with full disclosure, receipts, even gave them permission to talk to dealer that did the repairs & maintenance. Had zero problem selling, they never haggled over my price. We actually have kept in touch, became good friends. Wishing you the very best.
Kampg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2023, 05:29 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer Vista View Post
Sorry, I can't insert an image from my Google Pics link... I finally pulled off some wallpaper and there's a lot of rot & mold below and right of the window. Has anyone removed that window? It looks like a beast to do...
We had a leak from that rear window. I suggest you notify Forest River. I had my window replaced and damage repaired. On another note, I eternabond all roof seams and resealed all side seams and windows with pro-flex. i have a 2019 model.
lacrawgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2023, 08:58 PM   #32
Smiles, Trials & Tribs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacrawgator View Post
We had a leak from that rear window. I suggest you notify Forest River. I had my window replaced and damage repaired. On another note, I eternabond all roof seams and resealed all side seams and windows with pro-flex. i have a 2019 model.

I will reach out to them tomorrow. Thanks!
Old 04-10-2023, 09:03 PM   #33
Smiles, Trials & Tribs

Well, the window was removed today and there was no caulk anywhere. They also suspected that the window was previously removed becasue some of the screws looked like they were removed prior and the frame was not completly torqued down. The seal for the security window is thin and almost useless, so he suggested a thin weather strip to augment it. The overall window seal was in excellent condition. 48 hours to fully cure the sealant and I'll hose the window again. He also recommended checking the backup camera/marker light above, which is on my list. They have a lifetime warranty on their work, which is great for a local mom & pop business.
Old 04-13-2023, 09:07 AM   #34
Commercial Member

I'm going to ask my production manager what he thinks, but i would also check the tail light?
karykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2023, 08:51 PM   #35
Smiles, Trials & Tribs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampg View Post
Hi, sorry late to the party. May I suggest a moisture detector usable with or without a pin? You may find it useful for looking over the entire unit, make notes now, then retest after your repair to compare? And keep the photos, and keep taking more through your journey for the record. Do you have any insurance coverage for this? Did the seller state as is? Not trying to take you off your repair focus, but some points you may not want to pass you by. Best of luck. And, I did have a brand new unit the front window was leaking from, first time out took back to dealer, they replaced it with a solid none opening one. Damage continued because I had false sense of security and rarely used it, one day driving on highway I kept looking at the nose thinking it was caving in...looked OK once I stopped so I thought it was effects of the sun, mirror. Then I saw the bumps in the wall paper, hard tiny dots. Had repair done for me at a different dealer, $3000, replaced entire nose, with no window. Sold it with full disclosure, receipts, even gave them permission to talk to dealer that did the repairs & maintenance. Had zero problem selling, they never haggled over my price. We actually have kept in touch, became good friends. Wishing you the very best.

Thanks. I tried a pinless moisture meter but the readings were very inconsistent and unreliable so I returned it.
Old 04-13-2023, 08:52 PM   #36
Smiles, Trials & Tribs

Quote:
Originally Posted by karykatz View Post
I'm going to ask my production manager what he thinks, but i would also check the tail light?

I sealed all rear lights as well, but the brake lights are below the level of water intrusion... thanks.
Old 05-18-2023, 06:26 PM   #37
Smiles, Trials & Tribs

Almost done! Just 3 more 1/4 rounds to install!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20230518_133452.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	251.7 KB
ID:	287338  

Tags
bed, bedroom, roo, water