Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2020, 12:34 PM   #1

3011DS - Biggest Pet Peeve

There are a lot of things to like about the layout of the 3011DS and sometimes inconveniences in a small space are unavoidable and go with the territory of RV'ing and then are some that totally self-inflicted - I mean by the manufacturer themselves... In the case of the 3011, someone (with obviously good knees and eyes) decided to move the convection/Microwave to almost floor-level versus above the cooktop (like normal). These appliances are not simple turn-on and go, there are numerous settings and modes on a convection microwave. I literally have to sit on the floor to be able to both see and operate it. I am glad I am in decent shape or we would have to order out. Add this to the fact that they removed the range hood... I hope Kary reads this and takes it to heart :-)
WVrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 01:15 PM   #2

Yes, on 2020 models the gas oven went away, the vented range hood went away, and the microwave moved to below the range, and the drawer below the microwave is not as big as the drawer previously used below the oven. I dislike all these changed and I'm glad my early build 2020 is laid out like the 2019. I think the 2020 changes went in a bad direction. That's my feedback to Forest River.
Old 08-22-2020, 02:33 PM   #3

Mine was built in late Feb but not so lucky.
WVrich is offline   Reply With Quote