Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2020, 06:18 PM   #1
AWG

3011ds stereo speakers

There are three zones A B C for the speakers. Both speakers will play on zone A , none on B and only one of two will play on the outside awning. Any ideas. The motorhome is a 2019 3011ds that I just recently purchased. The stereo is Jensen.
AWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 07:14 PM   #2

3011ds stereo speakers

Typically Zone A is interior, and Zone B is the awning. I have yet to hear of any unit that was delivered with Zone C active.

If perchance you’re using the Jensen mobile app, be certain that it, as well as the master unit mounted inside the motorhome, do not have the balance shifted to favor only one speaker.

I would be surprised if it was something other than those settings, especially the ones on the mobile app, that are easily skewed by a misplaced finger tap.

Mr Brian
Old 09-22-2020, 08:18 PM   #3

I don't know which one it is, A,B, or C, but one of those on mine is a subwoofer.
mercury9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 08:24 PM   #4

On the Jensen, zone A is inside, zone B is awning, zone C is probably nowhere.

If you’re getting only one of the two awning speakers, you may want to roll the awning out, look right below the speaker housing inside the rail for the in line spade connectors for the speaker wiring. I looked at that connection recently and envisioned it would be an easy place for the speaker wiring to pull apart.
Old 09-22-2020, 08:47 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindBars View Post
On the Jensen, zone A is inside, zone B is awning, zone C is probably nowhere.

If you’re getting only one of the two awning speakers, you may want to roll the awning out, look right below the speaker housing inside the rail for the in line spade connectors for the speaker wiring. I looked at that connection recently and envisioned it would be an easy place for the speaker wiring to pull apart.
I had an aft speaker on the awning fail. Opened it up and found exactly what you described. Reconnected and crimped a little tighter and all is well.

It’s a very easy task...once you get the mud dauber nests cleaned out of some of the screw holes.
Old 09-22-2020, 08:50 PM   #6
AWG

I can look at that. I assumed that zone c was for the other two speakers inside the coach that don’t work at all. Could there be something fried on the radio?
Old 09-22-2020, 08:54 PM   #7

The A and B zone speakers each have their own volume level control... maybe they have their own balance too. you might check that before removing speakers and/or chasing wiring.
bw
billwww3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 09:01 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWG View Post
I can look at that. I assumed that zone c was for the other two speakers inside the coach that don’t work at all. Could there be something fried on the radio?
You’ll need a small but long Phillips screwdriver for the six screws on the top of the enclosure. Check the wires running through the awning arm. Let us know the results. Also, check the settings mode on the Jensen to verify the balance is set to zero.
Old 09-22-2020, 09:04 PM   #9
AWG

A,B and C have their own balance levels.
I have tried on the app and the radio itself. I also tried to play a CD and it never worked .
Old 09-23-2020, 07:11 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury9 View Post
I don't know which one it is, A,B, or C, but one of those on mine is a subwoofer.
I have a 2016 3011 with a factory subwoofer. Zone C is for the subwoofer. I have since replaced the factory Jensen subwoofer with a more compact unit that also is also active for the dash unit while driving. I have repurposed the factory Jensen subwoofer to be used outside which has been great for tailgates and also watching movies outside.

Chuck & Lois
newRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 11:12 AM   #11
AWG

[QUOTE=emm-dee;2419273]You’ll need a small but long Phillips screwdriver for the six screws on the top of the enclosure. Check the wires running through the awning arm. Let us know the results. Also, check the settings mode on the Jensen to verify the balance is set to zero.[/QUOTE
Everything has been set to zero. I tried playing DVD/CD and all speakers worked fine, but when I put it on FM or Bluetooth it went back to only 3 speakers working.
Old 09-23-2020, 11:36 AM   #12

[/QUOTE
Everything has been set to zero. I tried playing DVD/CD and all speakers worked fine, but when I put it on FM or Bluetooth it went back to only 3 speakers working.[/QUOTE]

That’s a problem way above my skill level.
Old 09-23-2020, 12:05 PM   #13

BTW, have you pressed the reset button to send the unit back to factory defaults?
Old 09-23-2020, 01:56 PM   #14
Kanadian Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Brian View Post
Typically Zone A is interior, and Zone B is the awning. I have yet to hear of any unit that was delivered with Zone C active.

If perchance you’re using the Jensen mobile app, be certain that it, as well as the master unit mounted inside the motorhome, do not have the balance shifted to favor only one speaker.

I would be surprised if it was something other than those settings, especially the ones on the mobile app, that are easily skewed by a misplaced finger tap.

Mr Brian
I was in behind my Jensen JWM6A once so far. The most obvious thing I noticed was that SOMEONE had cut the Pink and Green pairs of wires (Right and Left speakers C) coming out of the harness, and they were not attached to anything. I didn’t record what the Brown and Orange pairs of wires (Right and Left speakers B) were connected to, but I’m sure they were connected to something. I have no sound from my awning speakers, but I’ll check in the next few days, and report back.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3AD43732-869E-4458-A8EE-3343247C3D81.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	198.1 KB
ID:	239811   Click image for larger version

Name:	DEB77719-2318-4AEB-85CE-807706DDA741.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	227.0 KB
ID:	239812  

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 03:56 PM   #15

Zone C on my 2800QS is the sub-woofer
Dcbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 05:12 PM   #16
AWG

I can get sound out all of my speakers on the tv/cd/dvr but only three of the six work while it is in Bluetooth or radio mode. I called the previous owner and she said she only used it while in tv mode. Sounds like it has never worked correctly.
Old 09-23-2020, 05:44 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWG View Post
I can get sound out all of my speakers on the tv/cd/dvr but only three of the six work while it is in Bluetooth or radio mode. I called the previous owner and she said she only used it while in tv mode. Sounds like it has never worked correctly.
well that's progress!!! at least all the wiring, speakers, and connections are okay! you just cut the problem in half! now focus on settings in the amp - every program could have its own settings, volume, balance, front/rear balance too ("fader" as some call it), tone, etc...
good luck!
bw
billwww3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 01:53 PM   #18
Commercial Member

zone A should play inside speakers and zone b should play outside speakers. zone C shouldn't be hooked up to any speakers. if exterior speaker isn't out it may be loose wire or bad speaker
karykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 09:41 PM   #19
Kanadian Kamper

I verified what Kary has detailed for speaker Zones A, B, and C.

My awning speakers were not working because someone had cut the Orange and Brown wires......the wires for Zone B. The wires looked connected, but in fact, when I removed some black electrical tape, the wires had been cut.

After reconnecting them, I discovered a defective (distorted) awning speaker, so instead of replacing the speaker, someone just disconnected them. It’ll be a replacement project for me over the off-season.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 10:02 PM   #20
AWG

Still no luck. I believe the problem is with the unit itself. All speakers work inside and out when you run it through the TV. But it still only works on three when it is on Bluetooth or radio.

Tags
stereo