Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2018, 07:06 AM   #41
Rich

We bought our 3011DS in April and love it. Had to replace the windshield twice already, one for a crack, and the second because the first one wasn’t installed properly. Love the floor plan, but wish the shower and bathroom were larger. That’s what I liked about the FR3. Love the sewer hose also. So easy to use. Another negative for me is the elevated recliners. My feet don’t touch the floor when I’m sitting, so I’m looking for something to put in the front of the chairs to rest my feet on so they don’t hang down. Guess I’ll have to construct something. Also, the dinette doesn’t use standard sheet sets. Tried twin and queen, but nothing fits. Wife will have to make a special set for for that. Well, hope you have happy travels with yours. We’re currently camping in Gulf Shores, AL on our way to Pensacola. One last thing. I’m only getting 7.8 MPG on the highway. Anyone figure how to improve on that?
chevytrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 06:11 PM   #42
Tinkerer and Putterer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevytrkr View Post
I’m only getting 7.8 MPG on the highway. Anyone figure how to improve on that?
NOOOO NOOOO not that question!!!

After putting over 30K miles on my rig I can say with certainty that the cheapest way to bump up the mileage is to drive slower. All other options cost so much that they will never pay for themselves:

Banks Power Pack: 2500.00 for parts plus install - MIGHT get you 0.5 mpg better if you keep you foot out of it (yeah right)...

Dropping weight doesn't really help much. I had a 23 ft Thor on an E350 chassis with the same engine and trans as my 3011DSF. One ton lighter but it got the same mileage.

raising air pressure in the tires isn't good for much other than stiffening the ride.

87, 89 or 93 octane. My rig gets the same mileage.

The best mileage I ever got was running in the midwest with no head wind. That was 9.2, not far off your current average. Garbage gas mileage is just par for the course for gas Cs.
HappyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 06:41 PM   #43
Site Team

I can't really tell mpgs yet. We did close to 1000 miles last weekend but ran the Gen about 30 hrs due to fridge not cooling on lp.

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 09:28 PM   #44
Certified Curmudgeon

Need help with the fridge?
Old 07-25-2018, 08:42 AM   #45

There is a tuner for the Ford's that you can get and they say better gas mileage. I haven't got one yet. We have the 6 speed trany and it gets around 10mpg towing a 6x12 trailer. Not sure why it does.
Philkaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 05:23 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcheatwood View Post
I can't really tell mpgs yet. We did close to 1000 miles last weekend but ran the Gen about 30 hrs due to fridge not cooling on lp.

We've had the 3010 sun seeker sister to your 3011 for 4 years. 7-8 is what to expect. Weight makes very little difference but speed does. On a rare day on flat terrain at 55mph with a tailwind we might briefly see 9-10 for a few hundred miles but it's not common.
jrwalkerpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 08:09 AM   #47
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckogram View Post
Need help with the fridge?
Taking it in to dealer next weekend for service. But, yeah. I have good spark, no flame. Code "no FL".
Disconnected hose and got good lp flow. Checked metal burner tube and not blocked. No lp is getting through the vlave where the hose and burner tube are connected. I hear it click but no flow.

Old 07-26-2018, 08:10 AM   #48
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwalkerpa1 View Post
We've had the 3010 sun seeker sister to your 3011 for 4 years. 7-8 is what to expect. Weight makes very little difference but speed does. On a rare day on flat terrain at 55mph with a tailwind we might briefly see 9-10 for a few hundred miles but it's not common.
Thanks. That's what I've been hearing from others.

Old 07-26-2018, 09:02 AM   #49
Certified Curmudgeon

Is the valve next to the solenoid block open?
Old 07-26-2018, 10:22 AM   #50

When I am without the toad, 9-10 mpg. Pulling the toad, and fully loaded for weeks on the road and hitting the higher elevations, 7-8 mpg. I just close my eyes and swipe the credit card!

Scott
2011 Sunseeker 3170DSF
2002 Honda CR-V
"Do not mistake my benevolence for weakness."
rvrobocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 01:12 PM   #51
Site Team

Not a problem yet, PTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by awc4562 View Post
We just bought a 2017 Forester 3011DS a couple of months ago - been on three trips already. We love the coach - the layout - my wife loves the large kitchen counter - overall we are very happy with our decision. If you have the two door stainless refrigerator - don't jerk on the right door handle too hard (if it feels like the door is sticking) - cause I did and the handle broke ($ 45.00 to replace including shipping). Pull the left door open first - that seems to work better. Anyway - welcome and enjoy.
The fridge handles are easy and it opens and closes like it should. However, my brother's tt had the issue you're speaking of. It was a pain in the rear.

Now, if they can only get the lp to light and cool the fridge. Getting tired of driving with generator running so much.

Old 07-28-2018, 01:17 PM   #52
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckogram View Post
Is the valve next to the solenoid block open?
The only valve I can see is where the tank hose and the metal burner tube come together at a switch of some type. It has a tiny circle in the center that says OPEN. I've turned it both ways. And I can hear it click when fridge switches to LP and starts sparking. But no flame. Going in Saturday for service.

Old 08-18-2018, 09:35 AM   #53

How do you keep the cushions together on the dining-area bed? We used a flat strap and it works but wondering about how others do this.
condoonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 10:15 AM   #54
Site Team

Mine have never moved but we've only had one trip other than back and forth to service. There is velcro on backs that hold them in place. The table has turned some while traveling but I found a clamp underneath that can be tightened.

Old 08-18-2018, 02:08 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by condoonwheels View Post
How do you keep the cushions together on the dining-area bed? We used a flat strap and it works but wondering about how others do this.

Turn all the cushions 180degrees. That will put the thin one at the back and shouldn’t move.
carol108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 05:25 PM   #56
Chief tinkerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol108 View Post
Turn all the cushions 180degrees. That will put the thin one at the back and shouldn’t move.
..... this works great! Start by moving the front bottom cushion to the back and rotating it 180, then fill in the rest.

2017 SunSeeker 3010DS
Gidyupgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 08:29 PM   #57

3011 ds

We have a 2018 DS and love the floorpan. Ours is also the same exterior as yours. We have had ours for almost a year and have had a few things go wrong but thanks to youtube and this forum we have figured most of them out. Our lp wasn't working on the fridge either so we opened the outside compartment and found mud daubers had mad a nest over the flame area. Cleaned everything out and it seems to be working fine. Now buying screens to cover the openings. We recently discovered a crack in the counter top in front of the sink. That is disappointing but just a cosmetic thing. I don't think it is worth having the entire counter replaced and may try to repair it ourselves first. We did have a vent cover blow off which they are repairing under warranty and a slide cover came loose and is being replaced. Our awing wouldn't retract and had to take it in to have that repaired as well. But as you know, if you own a moving house, these things will happen. Only complaint we really have is the lack of engine power compared to a previous class C we had. We talked to someone in an RV park who has our identical rig and he said he thought it was because of a different transmission. We don't tow anymore if we don't have too.
Hope you enjoy it as much as we do ours.
Sherol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 08:06 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherol View Post
We have a 2018 DS and love the floorpan. Ours is also the same exterior as yours. We have had ours for almost a year and have had a few things go wrong but thanks to youtube and this forum we have figured most of them out. Our lp wasn't working on the fridge either so we opened the outside compartment and found mud daubers had mad a nest over the flame area. Cleaned everything out and it seems to be working fine. Now buying screens to cover the openings. We recently discovered a crack in the counter top in front of the sink. That is disappointing but just a cosmetic thing. I don't think it is worth having the entire counter replaced and may try to repair it ourselves first. We did have a vent cover blow off which they are repairing under warranty and a slide cover came loose and is being replaced. Our awing wouldn't retract and had to take it in to have that repaired as well. But as you know, if you own a moving house, these things will happen. Only complaint we really have is the lack of engine power compared to a previous class C we had. We talked to someone in an RV park who has our identical rig and he said he thought it was because of a different transmission. We don't tow anymore if we don't have too.
Hope you enjoy it as much as we do ours.
Is yours the Ford or Chevy? I have a Ford with ours ( 3051 s) the thing I found out is you can get a tuner for it $500 or I have found that you use the " Towing" mode just before you go up a hill. We almost always are towing a 6x12 trailer with 2 quads and 55 gal of water. had no problems doing it that way.
Old 09-21-2018, 08:34 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philkaty View Post
Is yours the Ford or Chevy? I have a Ford with ours ( 3051 s) the thing I found out is you can get a tuner for it $500 or I have found that you use the " Towing" mode just before you go up a hill. We almost always are towing a 6x12 trailer with 2 quads and 55 gal of water. had no problems doing it that way.
Has anyone installed the tuner program and does it work as advertised (20+ % increase in torque)? Any grade in excess of 5% turns the 3051 into a rolling roadblock.
Old 09-21-2018, 09:13 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
Has anyone installed the tuner program and does it work as advertised (20+ % increase in torque)? Any grade in excess of 5% turns the 3051 into a rolling roadblock.
any big thing on wheels going down a grade is a rolling road block, watch out for them all

waiting to find out if anyone has done it.

Tags
forester